I gave up my Berry for an iPhone back in March of this year. After several months, I still miss my Berry. So I'm going to switch back this week. What have I missed? I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. The best part about the iPhone is the apps. As I left Berry land the Blackberry App Store was gearing up and I am sure that by now it has grown a lot. Are the apps comprable to what the iPhone offers? Are they basically the same apps - just made for Blackberry? I noticed that you paid for them via PayPal. Are there many free apps?

I just miss my Blackberry for lots of reasons. The email is great, the battery life is awesome and it's just a better device for me.

Honestly, I feel out of practice and I am going to have to get to used to it again. I am looking forward to having it back though - and interested in knowing what's new as far as ringtones and apps.

Thanks!
    Annie
    11-11-09 06:54 PM
    What apps do you need? The App world is growing...
    11-11-09 07:33 PM
    You are just about to board the USS OS 5 ship soon enough.
    11-11-09 08:04 PM
    You havent really missed a whole lot but RIM seems to be making a few steps in the right direction.
    11-11-09 08:49 PM
    You are just about to board the USS OS 5 ship soon enough.
    I never upgraded to any different operating systems in the past. I noticed that was always a hot topic on the boards. What is special about the OS 5 and how do I get it?

Thanks!
    11-11-09 09:25 PM
    Go to the OS Hybrid section, and look for a specific one that suits you.
    11-11-09 10:04 PM
    See, that's where I get lost - I have never upgraded Operating Systems. Always been ok with what is on there. That's why I wonder why everyone is always discussing upgrading their OS.

As far as apps go, this is what I like on the iPhone: maps, Around me (shows what types of businesses, restaurants, hospitals, entertainment, etc. within my area), Yellow Pages, You Tube, Directv, Google... Just the basics. I don't play a lot of games - or at least enough to have to have them on my phone... I like news apps too.

Shazam is cool too

Haven't gotten to look at the app store in depth yet, but I am going to. Seems though that BB charges for some apps that are free on iTunes unless I am just not looking at it right.

Thanks all for the tips - anything else you can add would be greatly appreciated.
    11-14-09 07:24 AM
    I congratulate you for making the switch Your probably want going to want to upgrade to 5.0--its amazing. Find the .exe file you need and follow these steps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...eta-os-122851/
    11-14-09 11:17 AM
    Welcome back. Congratulations on the device. Best BB to date IMHO.

Some BB apps do cost more than I-Phony. But the better device makes an even trade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD