I am 38 and own a video game store in Arizona. I have a decent amount of experience with computers and electronics particularly A/V equipment. But this new device is beyond my realm of knowledge and I am freakin lost on how to use the new Blackberry Storm 9530 from Verizon and RIM.
    1)I want to be able to receive my GMail and my Yahoo Mail to this device, can't figure out how to set it up since it is not POP mail.

2)I want to be able to open XLS and DOC files from email attatchments. The attachments using the browser and surfing the Yahoo or GMail accounts does not dowload to be saved on the phone. They simply just open as HTML.

3) I was hoping this phone would allow flash players to function. I tried browsing HULU.com to watch a program and it did not work due to the flash player. The guys at the cell phone store said it would work but no dice.

4)Navigation on this device is not very intuitive as of my first few hours of playing with it. Particularly when viewing websites, I was hoping this would be a formidable alternative to lugging around my laptop but I'm starting to feel like that is not the case.

I am trying to be optomistic and hope that someone out there can enlighten me and address my concerns with viable solutions. With all the hype around this phone I must be missing something here.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry
    11-23-08 10:36 AM
    You can set them up as Pop. Go to the BIS website and add them.

Go to crackberry store and download/trial Docs2Go

He lied... no flash support

I found it hard to navigate myself and hence I stuck my money back in my pockets and pulled my Bold out while I walked out the Verizon store.

Welcome to CB
    11-24-08 02:06 AM
    Hey Jerry,

Welcome to CB!

I don't know anything about the Storm (I have the Curve, which is an unbelievable phone).

I've heard good things about the Bold though too.

For the Word/Excel files, Docs2Go is what you need.

Good luck! (Did you consider the Curve or the Storm?... you might want too!)
    11-24-08 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD