I've been a VZW customer for well over 10 years and I am about to upgrade to a new phone. I work remote from the office on most days and would like to have access to contacts as well as surf the internet. I came up with BB as the smart choice and am currently "test driving" a Pearl. I'm new to the OS and a suretype keypad so I am all thumbs (and I've got BIG ONES) at this point. I am impressed with both the technology and the loyal following of BB's and am excited about joining "The Family". I'm thinking that I should try the Curve instead of the Pearl so I can see if the larger keyboard works better for me. That said, I don't mind turning back in the Pearl and continue to use my older phone if I knew there was a better BB I'd like coming just around the corner. From what I read, VZW customers use CDMA and are behind in getting the latest and greatest (Bold, Javelin) which I would prefer waiting for...to a point. All said, can you suggest which phone/service I should switch to and when? Thanks in advance for your input.
    08-15-08 10:44 AM
    I've been a VZW customer for well over 10 years and I am about to upgrade to a new phone. I work remote from the office on most days and would like to have access to contacts as well as surf the internet. I came up with BB as the smart choice and am currently "test driving" a Pearl. I'm new to the OS and a suretype keypad so I am all thumbs (and I've got BIG ONES) at this point. I am impressed with both the technology and the loyal following of BB's and am excited about joining "The Family". I'm thinking that I should try the Curve instead of the Pearl so I can see if the larger keyboard works better for me. That said, I don't mind turning back in the Pearl and continue to use my older phone if I knew there was a better BB I'd like coming just around the corner. From what I read, VZW customers use CDMA and are behind in getting the latest and greatest (Bold, Javelin) which I would prefer waiting for...to a point. All said, can you suggest which phone/service I should switch to and when? Thanks in advance for your input.
    Stay with VERIZON! There has to be a reason why you've been a customer for more than 10 years, it's because they're great! Get the curve, most people will agree that the curve is an awesome phone!
    08-15-08 10:47 AM
    Although I have a pearl and not a curve from the ones I have played with and from what people say about them they are great phones. Verizon will not get the bold or javalin for some time but are expected to get the thunder hopefully in the near future. I don tknow how you feel about touch screen but ou may want to do some research on that before you decide. Good luck and hopefully welcome to the family!
    08-15-08 10:52 AM
    My son picked up the new VZW "Dare" and although I like some of the features, I have trouble using the keypad and having my selection input on the touchscreen to register. But my 12 year old is all over that. For me, I think I want to stay with better tactile feedback that I get on the hard keypad.

Assuming the newer BB's coming to GSM won't make it to VZW for 6 months or so I think I should select what's available today or just switch networks to ATT. I live in Northern NJ and I believe both carriers have good coverage in my area... which one is more affordable is anyone's guess. If I stay with VZW I should probably return the Pearl and try the Curve. If I like it, I could get used to the OS and then upgrade next year to a Javelin comparable?
    08-15-08 11:02 AM
    well verizon will be getting the touch screen blackberry, but if you would prefer a hard keyboard, i would recommed the curve for VZW, ATT will be the first to get the bold and i think tmobile is getting the javelin
    08-15-08 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD