I'm wondering if any usb 2.0 cable will charge my Blackberry Pearl, or is there a difference between a regular cable and a sync-and-charge cable? Also, can I go to an electronics store an by a wall charger that has a USB port for anything, say for an iPod? I don't know much about voltages and whatnot, but it makes sense to me that it would work. I just don't want to fry my phone.

Thanks!
    08-03-07 02:21 PM
    It will, but is you're using the Pearl, you will have to install the Desktop Manager! If not, you'll get a message about low power from the usb connection...
    08-03-07 02:25 PM
    How about wall charging? I have an iPod with a wallcharger that has a usb port. Can I connect my Pearl cable to that without frying my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-07 02:27 PM
    How about wall charging? I have an iPod with a wallcharger that has a usb port. Can I connect my Pearl cable to that without frying my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wouldn't recommend that. I charged my iPod using my BB power adapter which is lower output than what the ipod takes which is safe. But, it won't work the other way. You would be over charging the BB.
    08-03-07 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD