I want to change the carrier name on my phone. Like where it says at&t on the top, I want to be able to put whatever I want there. Is there a way I can do this?
    07-25-08 04:03 AM
    Don't think so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 06:02 AM
    It changes on WiFi BlackBerrys when you're connected to a wireless network doesn't it? I'm not sure if it goes to 'network name' or AT&T - 'network name' though.

07-25-08 06:22 AM
    No way to change this... I've been wanting this for the longest. Only way it changes is using another carriers sim card. It changes with the sim card.

If you want it to say T-mobile, you will need to insert a t-mobile sim. If you want AT&T, AT&T sim and so on and so forth. This doesn't work for CDMA carriers though
    07-25-08 10:45 AM
    I was wondering about that when I went to start designing a theme and seen the field in the theme builder. I was huh? Why don't I see my carriers name on my phone. I guess no special love for us CDMA users. Not that I want my screen branded with my carriers name but it would be nice if we could put a custom message there.

If that info is pulled from the sim card I wonder if there is a way to hack the sim card to change it. LOL

07-26-08 04:04 AM
    That's a good idea! You could put in the most important task or reminder or something!
    Will look into the API set provided by RIM to see if it is actually possible...
    07-26-08 04:26 AM
    Thanks for the help guys.

07-27-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD