Hiya from MD. Just found this site while surfing for clues on what happened to my berry. I think the trackball died. It won't wake up (unless you cold start it). I can scroll from side to side but not select any application. Off to the VZW store in a few.
    Try sitting there, hearing your CB vibrate and not be able to grab it to find out who's texting, calling or emailing now. I just walked by it earlier, screen's black, red light blinking and I can't do anything with it. It's like the proverbial the lights are on but no one is home.
    Glad to know someone(s) out there understand what a tragedy it is when the berry is sick or dead.
    I get picked on constantly for being a crackberry addict. They just don't understand. LOL

jr
    02-16-09 11:36 AM
    Most non CB owners don't understand the addiction. I'm a week old BB user and I am already hopelessly addicted. I will never go to another type of phone. BB is for me. Simple and efficient. Two great words to describe a phone. Now they need the third great word to finish the trifecta....cheap. =)
    02-16-09 11:41 AM
    Hey, you're just down the I81 corridor.
    I've had mine for 8 months...hence the withdrawal.
    I totally agree with the trifecta! Cheap!
    02-16-09 12:18 PM
    [QUOTE=jleycing;1694722]Hey, you're just down the I81 corridor.

Yup I use the 81 sometimes to commute to work in md.

Hit the pin on bbm(when u get yours fixed) or drop me a pm. I Need more friends

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 12:53 PM
    Hiya from MD. Just found this site while surfing for clues on what happened to my berry. I think the trackball died. It won't wake up (unless you cold start it). I can scroll from side to side but not select any application. Off to the VZW store in a few.
    Try sitting there, hearing your CB vibrate and not be able to grab it to find out who's texting, calling or emailing now. I just walked by it earlier, screen's black, red light blinking and I can't do anything with it. It's like the proverbial the lights are on but no one is home.
    Glad to know someone(s) out there understand what a tragedy it is when the berry is sick or dead.
    I get picked on constantly for being a crackberry addict. They just don't understand. LOL

jr
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!

With your BB powered on- did you remove the battery for a few seconds? That clears the internal ginks. Try that & see what your BB does after that.
    02-16-09 12:55 PM
    i did the battery removal (several times til the hubby scolded me for it, afraid I would make the situation worse by the "cold boot"...he threatened to kill the CB during a recent weekend vacation if I didn't stay off of it most of the time.)
    02-16-09 01:23 PM
    I say, take it to Verizon tech and see about getting a replacement. Might not be the ball, but the sensor on the phone itself.
    02-16-09 01:32 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB
    02-20-09 08:38 AM
    You mean he scolded you for the most common method of rectifying a minor glitch? Might get him on here for a little education! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD