Well I'm new here and am planning to get a blackberry soon. I am looking at getting the storm, but have a problem. I went in to the store to play with one of the demo units, and it was really buggy, it lagged so bad, I could barely get either of the units they had to do anything. Now are the ones of the box that bad? I really like the idea of the storm, but so far the Curve is looking alot better.
    11-24-08 09:49 PM
    if you're staying with verizon the storm would probably be the better choice however in reference to the demo unit, they're not the most reliable.
    11-24-08 10:06 PM
    Hey Fetus8,

Welcome to CB!

I have the Curve, and I love it. If you search the forums, the Curve is VERY popular and very few people have complaints about the 8330.

The Storm is new, and with any new phone (and particularly a touch screen), there are bound to be bugs - its the nature of technology.

If you aren't a "gadget geek" that "must have" every new device, I say go with form, function and features - which you'll find in the ever-stable Curve.

Good luck in your decision. If you have other questions, PM me.
    11-24-08 10:10 PM
    I guess I qualify as a "gadget geek" or power user, so I can handle most this stuff no problem.
    11-24-08 10:21 PM
    Welcome to Crack...

If you are wishing to stay with Verizon, then IMO, depending on what you are looking for, any BB will do the trick. You have the Pearl, 8830, Curve and now the Storm. A lot say that playing with the store model doesn't help because a lot of users broke it in and my response is, "isn't that what you're going to do with it by using it constantly for the next two years?" So IMO, that statement holds no water.

My ranking with the current verizon lineup are as follows:
    Pearl
    Curve
    Storm

I like SureType more than QWERTY and found typing to be a breeze on my Pearl on at&t. I've had every BB and tried the Storm out and still feel this way. If you added at&t to the mix, I'd say the Bold.

11-24-08 10:35 PM
    welcome to crack
    11-25-08 01:01 AM
    Welcome to CB! Choose whatever device you want. If you are up to a new buggy Storm, then have it. If you want a reliable device with a stable OS go for the Curve or the Pearl. Just my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 01:18 AM
    I don't much know how you could go wrong with any BB model The Storm looks like a great phone although I've never played with one. I'm loving my Curve so far and don't regret getting it. So, IMO, get what feels right for you....you're the one that's gonna be using it for the next couple years! And after you get it, don't forget to tell us about it!

11-25-08 07:09 AM
    So I decided on a phone, Im gonna go with the Storm, I think its totally worth it I played with a friends and the lag really isnt all that bad and a new update is rumored to be out sometime in December, so I think Ill get one.
    11-25-08 03:13 PM
    Welcome to CB and enjoy your Storm!
    11-25-08 06:15 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

11-25-08 06:42 PM
    IMO if you are stuck with VZ then yes get the Curve. If you can go elsewhere get the BOLD.

Glad to hear you are joining the BB population but the STORM is exactly how you expereinced it in the store, lagging, cheap, and an all round mess!

I went back to my Bold and also have a Curve which I love and it works first time everytime and no lags, no battery pulls no crap, just reliable service. You cannot go wrong with these two choices, the Storm, not so good!

Good Luck.
    11-26-08 06:24 PM
    I played w the storm and yes it was very touchie! I have a pearl, which is not bad, the 8330 curve is nice as well. Noticed lot of battery pulls w pearl, but it works great when it works! haha The BOLD would be great on a VZW network i think it's the button version of the Storm! the stats seem close when compared
    11-26-08 06:58 PM
    Welcome to CB!!! I would go with the curve 8330. It would be hard to find anything negative about the curve 8330 on CB. Go with the curve and you will be very happy!!!

11-26-08 07:38 PM
    Welcome to cb.
    I have had the pearl, curve and now the bold- each time I switched I always felt that I traded up! The curve is a fine phone if I wasn't a gadget geek I'd still have it. If you like the feel of the curve go with it- if you want best of the BlackBerry (imo) go with the Bold.
    Whatever you decide I have no doubt you'll quickly become addicted.

11-26-08 07:43 PM
    Good luck with the storm. I have no opinion on that one b/c I haven't seen or touched one.
    So I decided on a phone, Im gonna go with the Storm, I think its totally worth it I played with a friends and the lag really isnt all that bad and a new update is rumored to be out sometime in December, so I think Ill get one.
    11-26-08 07:45 PM
    Yes the Curve is very nice and a very reliable option, but why not take a chance on the Storm. It can only get better with OS updates. That's my 2 cents.
    11-26-08 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD