okay so I Have had the blackberry Pearl (8130) for little over a week and I was wondering how much better the Curve is...

Is it worth switching the Pearl for?

I already live on my pearl and its only been a week I can't put it down.

Is the size of it to big (since I carry it in my pocket most of the time when its not in my hand)?

Anything you can tell me in about the differences between the 2 phones whould be helpful.

thanks
    09-28-08 10:57 AM
    The curve has more memory, and QWERTY Keyboard, but it all depends on your preference. I went straight to the curve, the pearl was too small for me. At times I wish I had it, just for the suretype, but I love my full keyboard.
    09-28-08 11:04 AM
    has it ever given you problems?
    09-28-08 11:07 AM
    I have never had a pearl, but i have a curve (8310) and I love it. I dont think it is too large at all. It fits easily in my pocket. I am not sure what features you have my (8310) doesn't have wifi and the video quality while watching You tube videos is not good at all. But I still am completely addicted to my phone! Good luck
    09-28-08 11:07 AM
    For me I prefer the curve for the full keyboard, wider screen and additional memory. I also find it fits in my pocket fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 11:10 AM
    If i get a curve its going to be the 8330 does anyone know what kind of features that has?
    09-28-08 11:10 AM
    I'm having the same problem...i've had a pearl (8130) for about 4 months and am thinking about upgrading to a curve (8830) already. I think I would love it. My main concern is that i'm a busy mom on the go always and carry my pearl in my front pants pocket all the time. I worry the 8830 won't fit. That is really my only worry. Comments on that anyone?
    Good luck on your decision and happy berrying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 05:58 PM
    The curve has more memory...
    That is correct if you are considering the 8330 vs 8130. The GSM models have the same memory as the 8130.

I have both, once you get comfortable with SureType, you can type as fast as the QWERTY keyboard.

The larger screen is nice. The size difference is really nothing, both fit a pocket comfortably.

Carrying it bare in a pocket is a sure dust and scratch collector.
    09-28-08 06:14 PM
    I would go with the curve but hey thats me !!!!!!!!!
    but its a great blackberry
    09-28-08 06:19 PM
    Howdy kjlopez13,

Best thing to do is head to a store selling the phone you are interested in and ask to see it untethered, so you can see how it feels in your hands and pockets, as well as play with it's features.

There really is no better as far as the phones go, but there is what feels and looks good to you. In my case I'm a QWERTY typer, and found flip/bar phone txting, something I only did when someone else sent me a txt message.

The ONLY way you are going to tell if the size is too big (for you), is to play with one for a few mins/hours.
    09-28-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD