I search and don't see this question asked before, is there away to import desktop bookmarks from Firefox/IE directly to the BB browser bookmarks?
    09-05-08 06:55 PM
    This is what I found from Google from another forum Let us know if it works, I haven't tried it.
    ================================================== =======

Since you said that you're new to the world of BB I'll assume you don't have previous BB bookmarks backed up from another BB. If you do then you can restore those. However, if you're starting from scratch here is one suggestion...

Make a list of the URLs you want on your desktop PC and either sync the list (e.g., Outlook memo) or email the list to yourself so you can access the list on your BB. Then open up the list and click on a link so it opens up in the browser. Bookmark it. Rinse and repeat. Even if you have to go through a dozen sites or so it won't require typing any URLs out on your BB
    09-05-08 07:38 PM
    Thanks. That will work but I have a lot bookmarks, I was kinda hoping for something a little more automatic.
    09-05-08 08:08 PM
    I have a similar situation. I'm an appellate lawyer, and I keep a directory that contains the URLs for every appeal I'm involved with or am interested inThere are dozens of them. I'd love to be able to create the equivalent on my BB Bold -- a segregated group of bookmarks in their own folder, or something like that.
    11-25-08 12:15 PM
    If you use Opera Mini you can use Opera Link to sync your bb and your desktop. Both have to be running Opera for it to work.

Opera Link | Access your favorite Web sites everywhere
    11-25-08 01:29 PM
    Based on some hints I got from another thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/view...ckberry-23980/), I figured out a way to (sort of) import Bookmarks from the desktop. Here is what I did:

In FireFox, I selected Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Export HTML. I named my file "Bobs_Bookmarks.html." Then I used mass storage mode to copy it to my BB SD card. I put it in my "BlackBerry/documents/" directory. Your file and directory names could differ.

Now I can use it in the BlackBerry by selecting: Media > Menu > Explore > Media Card > BlackBerry > documents > Bobs_Bookmarks.html. When the file opens, I can scroll to the bookmark I want to open and select: Menu > Get Link. The site will then open in the BB browser.

But this is not good enough for me. I want access to my Bookmarks while in the browser. I don't want to have to go through the extra steps of navigating the Media application first. So I went further.

With the file copied to my SD card, on the BlackBerry I selected: Browser > Go To ... and typed "file:///SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/Bobs_Bookmarks.html" (without the quotes). Once the file opened, I selected: Menu > Add Bookmark and named it "Bob's Desktop Bookmarks."

Now I have a Bookmark in my BlackBerry browser that will open all of my desktop bookmarks. And as my desktop bookmarks change, I can easily export them again and update the html file on my SD card.

Notes:
    - If you have any spaces in your directory or file names, you'll need to replace them with "%20" (no quotes) when you type the path into the BB Browser.
    - I have a BB Curve 8310 on BIS running OS 4.5.
    b�temil likes this.
    04-01-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD