I too am a treo 700 frustrated owner looking to make the plunge to the 8830. I have some specific questions for anyone willing to answer. There are programs on my palm that I use constantly and need to know if there is a BB equiv/

Email (that's a given)- I know BB's rep for email, but I use chatter email on an imap system and able to sort mail into folders back to the srver from my palm. Can I do that on the BB

Does the email have reminder tones for unchecked emails?

Does voicemail have reminder tones for unchecked voice mails? (palm does not, drives me crazy)

Is there a To Do list with reminder alarms?

Can I create Word Documents on the BB?

Can I create Excel Documents on the BB?

Is there a memo/notes feature?

Does the calendar have reminder alarms for appointments?

I use Quicken on the Palm. Is there anything that i can use that will sync back to my quicken desk top for on the road updtaes?

Does the BB have security to lock the unit and require a pass word?

Does the BB have "masking" of private contact?

That's some of the questions. Seriously thinking of making the leap ......
    06-09-07 11:41 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

ToDo List = Tasks = Yes
    Word = create = no = view = not well not, till Documents To Go release software...
    Same for Excel
    Calendar - reminder = yes
    Notes = Yes
    Quicken - not found something yet...
    Security = yes, and same for sim
    Private contact - not that I've noticed
    06-09-07 02:28 PM
    Thanks so much for the reply. I posted the same question on another blackberry forum and was told to go do the research myself. Great to know that there are cooperative Blackberry users out there willing to help prospective crackberry users. Never experienced that in any forum I had been on for Palm. Couple of unanswered questions that I hope someone else could answer ....

Does voicemail have reminder tones for unchecked voice mails? (palm does not, drives me crazy)

Thanks so much for your help again.
    06-09-07 04:00 PM
    I would like to know if the BB can see folders in Outlook on an Exchange server using BES. That would be awesome, since I am installing a BES for me at my work.
    06-09-07 05:46 PM
    Thanks so much for the reply. I posted the same question on another blackberry forum and was told to go do the research myself. Great to know that there are cooperative Blackberry users out there willing to help prospective crackberry users. Never experienced that in any forum I had been on for Palm. Couple of unanswered questions that I hope someone else could answer ....

Thanks so much for your help again.
    No reminder tones for any unchecked anything, but there is a 3rd party program that can do that. I think it's called BB Alerts, or something similar.
    06-10-07 12:37 AM
    Got BB Alerts, and love it! Thanks.
    01-29-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD