I just got my first BB and I love the thing, but I need some help. This may seem petty, but I can't find a way for my caller ID to separate the incoming number by dashes.

What I mean is if someone calls and it's not in my Address Book the incoming number shows as 1234567890 and I would like it to show as 123-456-7890. I don't answer every call as there are times that I don't want to talk to suppliers or sub contractors and when I'm driving it sometimes can take a second to see the number calling because it's all mashed together. I noticed on the themes page that one of the themes shows what I would like the number formatted as and I didn't know how to make it possible on my VZW phone.

It's at this page.

software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=17582&n=Inspired-9000-Icon-%2D-9000-Theme-%2D-Curves%2F-8300s

The second picture on the right (mouse over)shows what I'm talking about.

Any help? Thank you.
    05-10-08 02:35 PM
    I am not sure if you can format it to show that way, but happy hunting. Welcome to CB.
    05-10-08 02:39 PM
    I''m not aware of any way to format the phone number if the number is not in your address book. Mine does the same thing. I think you are stuck with it doing that. If someone else knows otherwise please correct me.
    05-10-08 02:40 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    Unfortunately, there are no other way to have the numbers shown on you call log, neither entering into your contact log.
    05-10-08 09:55 PM
    All berry's do that
    05-10-08 09:59 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Bienvenido a casa!

Salam
    05-14-08 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD