I am running outlook on my computer and I just bought a BB curve. The time on my computer and the time on my BlackBerry are the same however when I sync the calander on outlook from my BB it puts all my apointments one hour earlier and when I add to my calander on outlook and syn to my BB it puts the apts and hour late on my BB. Both are sent on Central time.
    Can anyone help me?
    09-16-08 01:56 PM
    It sounds like one of your devices is set to Central Time and the other is set to Central America Time. Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST, hence the 1-hr discrepancy.

If you set the BlackBerry time source to Network, there is no need to synch the device time to the PC time. You can disable that option in Desktop Manager.

See the Time Zone Issues link in my sig for more information.
    09-16-08 02:51 PM
    I'm running outlook 2003 and I can not find anywhere to check what time zone it is set to. I live in Saskatchewan and we do not use DST. i changed my time zone to Saskatchewan Time and it is the same as the network time so it should work correctly But it is still doing the same thing
    09-16-08 03:31 PM
    It sounds like your BlackBerry is set correctly.

To set the timezone in Outlook, go to Tools / Options / Calendar Options / Time Zone.

Is your PC set to the correct time and time zone?
    09-16-08 03:37 PM
    oh wait, ok when i changed my bb to sask time it changed my appointments. Once I fixed them and then sync, looks like it is working again. I also took off the sync date and time on the desk top manager. I'll test out a few diff apts and make sure it works. Thanks so much for your responce
    09-16-08 03:38 PM
    my pc was set to centra with the DST option clicked. It should be Sask without DST so I changed that. Thanks
    09-16-08 03:40 PM
    Glad to have helped. And welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    09-16-08 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD