Hello all,

I was trying to adjust the volume and or choose additional tones for the calendar alarms. Is this a possibility??

Thanks,
    Scott
    10-30-08 01:25 PM
    If the volume is all the way up and still not loud enough for you, use a mp3 as the alarm same as you would a ringtone, they always produce a louder sound.
    10-30-08 01:29 PM
    But I can't set an mp3 as an alarm on the calendar.
    10-30-08 01:33 PM
    Select the alarm > selected "ring tone" and scroll all the way up to browse, then music or whatever path you have setup to your mp3s.
    10-30-08 01:36 PM
    Sorry but there is no, "ring-tone" to select. I have tried to go to the actual alarm in the calendar and there is nothing in there to change the tone or volume. Either through options or while setting it up. Nothing in the profiles section either.
    FYI, I have a 8220 flip with the new operating system.

Thanks

Off to work I go but I will check back tonight
    10-30-08 01:42 PM
    tried to go to the actual alarm in the calendar and there is nothing in there to change the tone or volume.
    Thanks
    There's your problem. You said alarm, I assumed you were setting an alarm in the alarm icon on your phone. I use the calender myself and there is no way to change the tone.
    10-30-08 01:46 PM
    Sorry I am new to this. Hope this message appears in the right place. I want to know how you can change the timing of the alarm in the calendar. Now it goes off just when the event is to start. I am old!! I need advance warning!! By the time this alarm goes off I have missed what I want to remember!! Help please!!
    11-01-08 06:36 AM
    I am having the same issues. Along with the calendar alarm going off a DAY before. I went into the calendar and started adding bdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc. For Thanksgiving day, the alarm went off the evening before.

What is the best way to add and use the calendar alarms?

I found that if I set a certain time (usually really early) for an alarm it will go off on that day, that time. I want these to be an 'all day event', and when set like that, it goes off the day/evening before.
    11-29-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD