Hi all!

Just wanted to (briefly) introduce myself! I'm a long time reader and lurker on the Crackberry forums - CB has helped me out with my BlackBerry 9780, 9900, the Playbook, my Torch and now my BlackBerry Q10!

I'm not what you would call a "fanboy" though - I've also got a Galaxy S3 and an Iphone 5 and 4s sitting on the desk in front of me! I love gadgets!

I thought I'd get into this community and hope to help out where I can - and be helped in return!

Anyway, I'm a former corporate type that is now a writer - and by that I mean I get to travel or sit around all day trying to look like I'm busy... life is good!

And so is the Q10 - I have just fired this off without a single spelling mistake!!!

Hello Mobile Nations!!!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    05-03-13 01:14 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Join in the fun, and check some of the BBM threads, and device threads, etc.
    05-03-13 02:21 PM
    Hi all!

Just wanted to (briefly) introduce myself! I'm a long time reader and lurker on the Crackberry forums - CB has helped me out with my BlackBerry 9780, 9900, the Playbook, my Torch and now my BlackBerry Q10!

I'm not what you would call a "fanboy" though - I've also got a Galaxy S3 and an Iphone 5 and 4s sitting on the desk in front of me! I love gadgets!

I thought I'd get into this community and hope to help out where I can - and be helped in return!

Anyway, I'm a former corporate type that is now a writer - and by that I mean I get to travel or sit around all day trying to look like I'm busy... life is good!

And so is the Q10 - I have just fired this off without a single spelling mistake!!!

Hello Mobile Nations!!!

Glad you decided to join in, here. Welcome to the CrackBerry forums!
    05-03-13 11:15 PM
    So, you like a physical keyboard? Better than a "glass" keyboard?

While I'm not due for a carrier upgrade for a while, I'm still thinking about it and whether I could give up tactile keys. While I'm into gadgets, multiple phones have never been a real option. I do still have my older bb's though. I have wondered if being able to switch devices might be nice or just an occasional lark.

I'm a former gov-mint type. Can't claim to do much employable these days other than surveying the trails I hike and the roads I bike. (g)
    05-04-13 01:25 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! It's good to see that you have had a lot of diversity in your device repertory. It will be good to have you jump in the forums and share some of your experiences.
    05-04-13 06:57 PM
    So, you like a physical keyboard? Better than a "glass" keyboard?

While I'm not due for a carrier upgrade for a while, I'm still thinking about it and whether I could give up tactile keys. While I'm into gadgets, multiple phones have never been a real option. I do still have my older bb's though. I have wondered if being able to switch devices might be nice or just an occasional lark.

I'm a former gov-mint type. Can't claim to do much employable these days other than surveying the trails I hike and the roads I bike. (g)
    Hi all!

And F2,

re the keyboard, I can type comfortably on both glass and keys. Truth is, one can become proficient in both given time and inclination. I use a cooked rom on the GS3 and that uses the Swiftkey app integrated. It all comes down to preference. On the GS3 I'm really fast, because I'm used to it, same with the iphone (though that is mostly doing MP3 player duty now).

It also comes down to what you do on your phone. In Selfridges they have a stand for the GS4 and I played around with that too... it's probably the best all round phone you can buy right now; killer specs, beautiful screen and costs EXACTLY the same as the Q10 offline. it was a hard choice.

I went with the Q10 because I don't watch movies or play games on my phone, it's for occasional browsing and pure communicating, emails, twitter, skype (which is really nice on Q, though the app is laggy) calls and such. I don't facebook on this, and if you're looking at pics a lot the Z10, if you want BlackBerry, is the option. The GS4 is probably another, possibly better option too but I think the Z10 better value all round (my Mrs has one, though she's been playing on this a LOT ;-).

This post is LONG - apologies! I can say a lot but truth is try it out. I've got the option of having all the devices. I can play games on one, surf the Web on another. Establish what you need, try them out and go with what suits you best. For me it was the Q10. Truth be told I was dissatisfied with my 9900 due to the camera. The Q10 is an excellent return to true, pure BlackBerry form and function and I personally love it!

Now if they could just fix blackberry Link and give me more than 90 days for my POP email...

05-05-13 02:57 AM
    Welcome welcome one and all!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 03:00 AM
    Hi all!

And F2,

re the keyboard, I can type comfortably on both glass and keys. Truth is, one can become proficient in both given time and inclination. I use a cooked rom on the GS3 and that uses the Swiftkey app integrated. It all comes down to preference. On the GS3 I'm really fast, because I'm used to it, same with the iphone (though that is mostly doing MP3 player duty now).

It also comes down to what you do on your phone. In Selfridges they have a stand for the GS4 and I played around with that too... it's probably the best all round phone you can buy right now; killer specs, beautiful screen and costs EXACTLY the same as the Q10 offline. it was a hard choice.

I went with the Q10 because I don't watch movies or play games on my phone, it's for occasional browsing and pure communicating, emails, twitter, skype (which is really nice on Q, though the app is laggy) calls and such. I don't facebook on this, and if you're looking at pics a lot the Z10, if you want BlackBerry, is the option. The GS4 is probably another, possibly better option too but I think the Z10 better value all round (my Mrs has one, though she's been playing on this a LOT ;-).

This post is LONG - apologies! I can say a lot but truth is try it out. I've got the option of having all the devices. I can play games on one, surf the Web on another. Establish what you need, try them out and go with what suits you best. For me it was the Q10. Truth be told I was dissatisfied with my 9900 due to the camera. The Q10 is an excellent return to true, pure BlackBerry form and function and I personally love it!

Now if they could just fix blackberry Link and give me more than 90 days for my POP email...

That is the biggest complaint I hear about BB10. I really hope they can get that straightened out. Oh, and don't worry about the long post. The info was great.
    05-05-13 03:32 AM