Ok..few probs...

I am not getting this at all�..

I want to upgrade my OS...
    I downlaoded 4.3� didnt work�
    4.5 from rogers�
    I took the advice from many sites and deleted the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Opened it..plugged USB in just as it said..
    And when that happens, all I seem to be getting is a �no applications configured for sychronization� message��. soooo lost !!!!

I am trying to update it as my phone keeps on shutting off/on when i make/receive calls and its super frustrating�

model is a curve 8320 with wifi.. t-mobile, unlocked, being used on Fido network.

Another question I have it posted here.. "8320 Curve Keeps Turning Itself Off!"
    I would post the link but sorry it will not let me!!

ugh I have a problem like this...

I recently bought one off someone who wanted one with GPS instead.
    It is from T-Mobile, and is unlocked so I can use it with Fido (which kind of sucks because I can not get many BB perks like Rogers users) anyhoo...
    So, when making calls..Red light at top appears, phone shuts off/on.
    Incoming calls..same thing.
    I get many voice mails right after someone calls.. as my phone shuts off and it goes right to voice mail.

I had tried to talk to the person I bought it off of for help, and they were just as confused... They have not been very helpful lately, and this problem is driving me insane. It was not happening for a couple weeks, than started to act up again.. I clear the logs, *alt + LGLGLGLG* or w/e.

I am not very smart with BB's, but it is on edge most of the time, but sometimes for whatever reason, will say GSM or GPRS?
    I also have a unlimited mobile internet option that came with a value pack, but I can not use it on my phone... but I can on my old LG chocolate. kind of confused about that as well.. ( so any help would be nice )

Also, I have a 2G media card.. it happened without it.
    The battery life seems ok.

I do not know what to do .. as I can not return it, so I suppose I am screwed right...? It says v4.2.2.180 (EDGE WiFI)
    Not sure if that means the operating system as I am a BB n00b.

Another frustrating thing is that I can not send pic msgs even though I have that in my bundle pack as well, I called Fido about it, to make sure it was there, and they said yes... I am so frustrated right now..

Any help would be good.. minus the whole wow way to buy a new phone off someone other than a store.
    VERY frustrating problem please help!!

11-13-08 01:59 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing yours is doing when it comes to trying to upgrade the OS; acting like there's no new software to upgrade too or load on the DM; even when I go in the apploader on the DM or the apploader that's actually in the RIM folder of the 4.5 OS on the computer. I have an ATT unlocked 8310 that I am using on T-Mobile. Very frustrating! I have been trying to upgrade the OS for three days now.
    11-13-08 02:22 AM
    Wel man I am sorry to hear about your blackberry problems, but lets see if I can clear up some problems ur having.

1st you said its an unlocked blackberry from Tmobile, while it is unlocked and will work on your fido network its not coded to do so, so maybe the software on it is causing some kind of problem causing the phone to reboot, you said it didnt happen for a couple of weeks so possibly you dropped it, causing some damage or possible water damage? I dunno. If you want to update the software make sure you get the fido update (if there is one)for the same model blackberry you have. So look for the 8320 update, and delete the vendor file like you did previously, and then when u plug ur phone into USB connected with DM it should say there is an update for your phone, check here http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-8320-a-75755/ for the files and directions are also in there as well.

also you want to call and add a blackberry data plan, the one u got now is for ur chocolate which isn't really a web browsing phone so thats why your data isn't working, same goes w/ ur picture messages. A blackberry data plan should fix that, and as long as the phone isnt reported stolen/lost u should be able to add the PIN to ur account.. i'd call and check with them and that should get u in the right direction.. hopefully!
    11-13-08 02:26 AM
    Hi Coonpoon!

Don't give up yet :-) The BB is a great phone. I'm going to let the experts help with the problems you describe, but one suggestion when you get a minute - be sure to read the http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series. I read it for the first time today (and I've had my phone for several months),and I learned a TON about my phone!

At any rate - welcome to the CB family!
    11-13-08 08:38 AM
    Two users unable to upgrade, and neither one admits to INSTALLING the new OS on the PC so it is available to the Apps Loader.
    11-13-08 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD