I am new to this forum and a new purchaser of a Blackberry Storm. If RIM thinks that this phone is any kind of an answer to the Apple Iphone, they need to go back to the drawing boards. The Iphone is far superior to any Blackberry ever made. It takes two to three times the work to do any function on the new Storm as it does to do anything on the Apple. Get real guys this phone is a prototype of the finished product. The only advice I can give to the Blackberrry folks is buy an Apple Iphone and study it before you try and make something better. This phone is a joke.
    11-26-08 10:32 PM
    Ok, but you bought. You can always return it for a refund. Anyway, welcome to CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 11:08 PM
    ...to any Blackberry ever made? Kinda depends on your point of view and what your needs are... We all have our drug of choice, thatks what makes us addicts

11-27-08 02:34 AM
    well i kinda beg to differ the storm is a great device and as (pvt) mentioned We all have our drug of choice, thatks what makes us addicts (quote) you might just have to get use to it and there is so many differences between the two phones .....
    if ya don't like it return it ...
    and its your opinion
    11-27-08 03:03 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful addiction known as CRACKBERRY, U R amongst friends here so don't ever be afraid to ask questions!

Whats a Katrina?
    11-27-08 05:37 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful addiction known as CRACKBERRY, U R amongst friends here so don't ever be afraid to ask questions!

Whats a Katrina?

hurricane katrina, the storm that wrecked the lives of hundreds of thousand of people and laid waste to New Orleans just recently
    11-27-08 06:24 AM

Whats a Katrina?
    I'm pretty sure it was a hurricane

At any rate, I have no personal experience with the iPhone, so I can't comment on how I would compare my Curve to one. I would, however, challenge the iPhone to sync up to my business email, calendar, contacts and task list plus my three personal email accounts as easily as I did on my Curve. That, among many others, was the main reason I chose a Blackberry. Perhaps your needs in a phone are different from mine and the iPhone would suit you better; that is a decision that only you can make.

Good luck in finding the perfect device for you! I've already found mine. And welcome to Crackberry, the greatest place for everything Blackberry!

11-27-08 06:28 AM
    hurricane katrina, the storm that wrecked the lives of hundreds of thousand of people and laid waste to New Orleans just recently
    Ohhhh THAT Katrina! Got ya!
    11-27-08 09:14 AM
    I am new to this forum and a new purchaser of a Blackberry Storm. If RIM thinks that this phone is any kind of an answer to the Apple Iphone, they need to go back to the drawing boards. The Iphone is far superior to any Blackberry ever made. It takes two to three times the work to do any function on the new Storm as it does to do anything on the Apple. Get real guys this phone is a prototype of the finished product. The only advice I can give to the Blackberrry folks is buy an Apple Iphone and study it before you try and make something better. This phone is a joke.
    If you're looking for something that's part phone and part handheld game platform, if you think texting is the do-all/end-all of non-verbal communications, if you never have to cut & paste, if you never really need anything on your handset to improve your productivity, and if you're happy dealing with a vendor-controlled list of available applications from a fairly limited field of vendors, then you're absolutely right, the iPhone is far superior to the Storm.
    11-27-08 01:36 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It was critical for the wizards to NOT copy Apples approach, doing so would have been a patent litigation nightmare.

What is possible, is starting with a proven software system and incorporating specific design decisions based on their own work. The flash of the iPhone comes at a price, the utility of the Storm comes from hard work and new research.

If there is one thing we know for sure, it will get better, every time the geeks come out with a new OS build. This time, next year, only the geeks at BlackBerry know where it will be. For the hard core user, it will be like Christmas, every month.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-27-08 at 02:36 PM.
    11-27-08 02:33 PM
    Rmalzo,

Anyone on this forum will tell you I always welcome everyone and try to help.

Yet, I have to tell you - I'm completely offended by your post.

First, if you are NOT from the iPhone staff, then make your comments be constructive criticism and in a conversational tone so we can at least respond. You've given us nothing concrete about the features you don't like, but given us your opinion with nothing to back-it-up.

Ok, so you don't like the Storm. That's fine. Go back to the iPhone,and we'll kindly say, thanks for trying the new BB phone (which is a v1.0 by the way). If you're a tech user, you know that v1.0's usually have a growing pain period. Yet, you chose to divert from the iPhone to try it anyway. Can I ask why you bothered?... If you're an iPhone lover, obviously you converted to BB for reason... Is it possible that you just don't get the complexity and capabilities of the BB yet?

But do not, under any circumstances, come onto the forums and be unnessarily nasty. Its rude to the supporters of the BB and just disrespectful to my forum friends.

At any rate, I'm very glad you like the iPhone, and I hope you return the BB, that you so clearly don't like, so that other BB users that love it can enjoy it. Quite frankly, I hope that you do return it, because if you later find it's a GREAT PDA, it is POSSIBLE (yet HIGHLY UNLIKELY) that someone on this forum will not help you.

If you stick around, you'll find that everyone here is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY regardless of how people stress their dislike about BB's.

At any rate, I welcome you to CB forums and say that we are all friends here. We'd like you to be one, but I'm afraid you're first going to have to change your attitude.

Maybe the iPhone forums are a better forum for your dislike of the BB.

Good luck and I hope that you become a BB convert.

And quite honestly, shame on you for comparing this to Hurricane Katrina... your immaturity and ignorance to that horrific experience is showing....
    Last edited by thepaintedpony; 11-27-08 at 08:05 PM.
    11-27-08 07:53 PM
    i'm from new orleans, and i like my storm wayyyy more than i liked katrina... so thanks but NO thanks to your comparison.
    11-27-08 08:18 PM
    I'm not flaming out on you, so, don't take this personal.
    You have the right to post your opinion- whether I or others agree or not.
    I have read that members have not been impressed with
    their new BB- whether it's a Storm, BOLD, or a Flip Pearl-
    with each Blackberry having documented issues. If you
    check the forums, you will notice that not one BlackBerry
    is immune to flaws or issues and yet some of us manage to
    get past the issues to utilize our berries for work, personal
    businesses, and play- whether watching a movie or listening
    to music. Again, it's simple to me. If you purchase a BB and it is not as
    good as your iPhone, simply return the device for a refund.

11-27-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD