I am waiting to purchase a Blackberry Bold whenever it comes out for AT&T in the US. This will be my first Blackberry I have only used Windows Mobile devices to sync with Outlook in the past. I currently work for a company remote and live and breath e-mails. The company doesn't have an Exchange server, so I download my e-mails from a POP3 account to my computer using Outlook 2003. With the Windows Mobile device I could receive e-mails and send e-mails while I was out. When I would get back to my office I would sync my WM device to my PC and all my sent e-mails would sync into the sent folder in Outlook 2003. I have around 20 folders in Outlook and the sent folder is the most important since I need it to quickly search my responses or follow-up e-mails. Can I do this on the Blackberry? If yes, then how? I have heard the blackberry doesn't have a sent folder... this would be a deal breaker for me. I can't have everything even sent items in my Outlook inbox...sorting them and then placing them into the sent folder would be very time consuming. Any help would be appreciated...I am really looking forward to breaking free of Windows Mobile...

-Alan
    09-12-08 06:40 AM
    Hi, welcome to CrackBerry.

You could setup the Bold it two ways.

1st: Setup your BIS account to check your works POP account (Every 15mins on Orange UK) and when new emails arrive they will be forwarded to your Bold. There you can reply or delete from either your handheld or handheld and server. When you reply or send emails a copy of the email as you rightly pointed out would be sent to your email account. The way I would get around manually sorting sent messages from your inbox would be to setup a Rule within outlook to automatically move emails sent by you to the sent folder. Some email servers will do this for you rather than the outlook client.

2nd: Setup an email account on your phone providers BIS server and get your works email to automatically forward emails to your BIS email account. This way you get emails straight away to your handheld. The sending and sorting of inbox messages are exactly the same as per the first way.

The rule I have setup for my inbox checks that it is sent by me and checks to see if the email contains my email signature "Sent using Blackberry" and if both those rules match it moves the email to the sent folder.

You will not regret getting the Bold it's a great phone.

Hope this helps.
    09-12-08 08:18 AM
    Thank you for the detailed response This really helps out allot.
    09-12-08 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD