Hi All,

I've had my blackberry for a little while but someone has just shown me how to use Blackberry Messenger - how cool!!

For some reason I could send contact requests last night, but I can't today! When I go to 'Add a contact' I go to the person I would like to add, I select the number, then the only option I have is to send that number to a messenger contact.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with this.
    10-08-08 10:15 AM
    Hi All,

I've had my blackberry for a little while but someone has just shown me how to use Blackberry Messenger - how cool!!

For some reason I could send contact requests last night, but I can't today! When I go to 'Add a contact' I go to the person I would like to add, I select the number, then the only option I have is to send that number to a messenger contact.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with this.
    You need to have the PIN number of the person you want to add as a contact.

Try this: add contacts using PIN, not EMAIL

Delete your pending requests. Tell the other parties to delete any pending requests from you.

In BBM, hit add contact. If they're not in your address book go up to use once. HOVERING (highlight, not click) on use once, hit the menu button and select request by PIN. Then just type in the PIN and send request. If they are in your address book, HOVER (highlight, not click) over their name, hit the menu key and send a request using PIN that way.

The contact must accept the request for it to be complete. Both devices must have data plans.
    10-08-08 10:28 AM
    you can only add bb pin or bb email addy
    10-09-08 02:16 AM
    If you are on BES (Enterprise), you can add by the company email.
    10-09-08 02:37 AM
    where is the "use once" option? it doesn't come up anywhere for me
    10-09-08 12:20 PM
    When you are in your contact list hit the U button. Or just scroll to the very top of the contact list. You will see it there.

You will only have the option when you are adding a recipient to an email, message, bbm request, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 12:40 PM
    When you are in your contact list hit the U button. Or just scroll to the very top of the contact list. You will see it there.

You will only have the option when you are adding a recipient to an email, message, bbm request, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm a moron! (I can honestly say that this is the first time I have said this in print )

I actually figured this out while experimenting after I already posted the question, but thanks for answering so kindly. I felt like a total doof when I saw that at the top of the contact list. thanks anyway!
    10-09-08 10:32 PM
    p.s. now that I figured that out, too bad you're anti social
    10-09-08 10:33 PM
    LOL don't feel too bad i also do doofy things (all the time)! ha

as to the anti social...i think i'd like to live in a cave someday!

i'm just quiet for the most part and like to mind my own business.
    10-10-08 08:58 AM
    caves are cool. I know mine is, as it has all the latest tech gadgetry to keep me satiated. in today's day and age, "couching" takes on a whole new meaning
    10-10-08 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD