Hi, can anyone out there tell me why my brand new Blackberry Curve 8310 which has been working perfectly for one week is suddenly switching itself off. Once this happens, I am then unable to switch it on again. The only way I can get it back on is to remove the battery for a second or two and put it back. Then it goes thru' the whole rebooting process, and works perfectly for a few hours. Then if I am not using it, and leave it for a couple of hours it is switched off, and I am not able to put it back on. The battery is fully charged.
    09-22-08 01:12 AM
    sounds like a defective phone. just take it back and get a new one. its happened to me, so i know how you feel
    09-22-08 01:13 AM
    You didn't update the os or do anything else to it did you or was it factory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 01:14 AM
    sounds like you got a lemon. get it back to your dealer quick for an exchange.
    09-22-08 01:25 AM
    sounds like you got a lemon. get it back to your dealer quick for an exchange.
    sounds a little familiar??
    09-22-08 01:26 AM
    sounds like a defective phone. just take it back and get a new one. its happened to me, so i know how you feel
    Thanks, I think I'll take it back for an exchange.
    09-22-08 01:33 AM
    Thanks, I think I'll take it back for an exchange.
    hope everything works out for ya brah
    09-22-08 01:35 AM
    welcome to crackberry...
    09-22-08 03:21 AM
    Did you drop it? The reason I asked is because, I dropped mine one night and it jarred my camera. Though I didn't know it at the time. So I would pull my phone from the holster and I'd have a black screen. You know what comes next. The infamous battery pull. All is good again. So I go to take a picture the other day, hit the camera button and the black screen. So I did another battery pull. Got on crackberry and searched the forums for camera issues. What I found was interesting. When I dropped my phone and jarred the camera outta place it locks up the phone. Then I relized when pulling it from the case I was hitting the camera button. Thus causing the blackscreen. All I had to do is move my camera lens back with my fingernail and the problem was solved. If it hadn't been for crackberry.com and its users. Probally would of had to exchange my phone numerous times. Due to the fact I always drop em. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-08 04:20 AM
    If you didn't drop it, you received a "Lemon."

I work with BB's everyday and can tell you it's defective. You need to take it back pronto and make sure they don't try and replace it with a refurbished unit.
    09-22-08 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD