Hi!

I just bought a blackberry Q5, and since it's my first BB phone, I've already spent a good few hours on this website, I figured: why not register? I'm Kenny, and I live in Belgium. I bought the Q5 on a whim since it seemed to be the only phone in this form factor and my budget. (I was looking at Motorola phones with a pull-out keyboard but they don't have them in Europe, and I wasn't willing to import one) So far I'm very impressed with the OS, a bit less impressed with a lack of native skype version, but since it says "preview" I'm willing to be a bit patient for that. I like how fast it is to minimize apps and the page with the running apps on it is great. The hub makes sure I don't have to switch between 10 apps all the time, which is great. The battery life rocks, too.

I'm not sure if I should make ANOTHER topic for this question, so please tell me if I'm breaking a rule here but here goes:
    I'm already struggling with sideloading certain apps. While feedly works "fine", I could appreciate firefox (which is reported to work?) and the official Nasa app (to track the ISS in the sky). The first one loads up, and just says "firefox has stopped working", the NASA app just crashes on startup. I'm a bit dissapointed with those apps not working out of the box, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
    I used apk2bar to convert the apps, and vnBB10 to transfer them. My phone has the latest 10.2 update.
    10-31-13 05:05 AM
    Welcome to CB!

As for the sideload issues, not all apps will work. I dont think firefox does without using the unlocked runtime or debug method. You can read more about those subjects in this forum here

BB10 Android App Sideloading - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    10-31-13 05:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply, Firefox was in the list of tested apps on this forum, it didn't even mention debug or unlocked runtime. I have since installed a recommended unlocked one (The one posted by Kris whatshisname), but no change. Ohwell. Guess I'll have to spam mozilla with requests for it :P

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:33 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry! Glad you're liking the Q5!
    Sorry you are having trouble with the runtime. As howarmat said, not all sideloads will work.
    What run time did you use? And did you reboot after you installed the runtime , then sideload your apps?
    10-31-13 11:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Kenny!
    11-01-13 09:20 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:02 AM
    I don't exactly remember what version it is, it's in the 500s though, and posted by someone called Chris or Kris. It's supposedly an unlocked one. Anyways, I did reboot, and tried reinstalling those apps, but no cigar.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:21 PM
    welcome to CB
    11-02-13 02:49 PM
    Hi there. Make sure to join this channel for belgian apps C00044A6C and this thread for Belgium discussion http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-here-778584/

Enjoy your Q5 !

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:05 PM
    Brazilian greetings to you!
    11-04-13 05:20 PM
    Enjoy CB! and welcome!
    11-04-13 06:19 PM