Hi,

When adding a recipient to BB Messenger, a default message appears which can be modified if required and sent along with your request. Is there a way to modify the default message permanently so you do not have to spend the extra time and do it for each and every recipent you wish to add?

Thanks for your input
    05-20-08 08:56 AM
    Don't think so .. pretty sure you just have to do it each time.
    05-20-08 08:57 AM
    Trust me I wish they did... Make it so much better!!
    05-20-08 08:58 AM
    Thanks for the input. Yes, by default, this would be much easier and cut down on the repetitiveness but with the ease of use the BB already presents, RIM had to make some task time consuming
    05-20-08 09:01 AM
    Try this, it may seem cumbersome at first, but it'll get easier.
    In memo pad create a memo with what you want to say and save it.

Before going to BBM open that memo, press shift and scroll down until you've highlighted the whole text, hit menu and then copy.

Go to BBM, and add contact, to delete the default message give the trackball a little roll, you'll be at the end of the message, press shift and scroll up, hit delete key, now scroll down and hit paste. Done.

It seems long but I just sent myself a Pin request this way and it took less than 30 seconds.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-20-08 at 02:19 PM.
    05-20-08 02:16 PM
    Not cumbersome at all. Quite straight forward and worth the time depending on how many contact you'll be adding.

When you copy, does it store in memory or some type of hidden clipboard? I'm just wondering if you turn off/reboot the device, if this will clear the contents or if something else must be done.

Thanks for your input
    05-20-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD