I LOOOOOOVE this thing!!!!!!

Anyway, I am having trouble here. Maybe I am missing something. I transferred nearly 200 mp3 ringtones that I made. I did this via bluetooth but they ended up saving in the Music folder instead of the Ringtones folder. How do I manage my files....I want to move them all to the Ringtones folder because they are only mp3 clips that I use for ringtones, not actual full songs. Help appreciated!!!
    11-23-08 05:55 PM
    Connect your BB to the PC and navigate to your BB folder and drag and drop.

Ensure mass storage mode is on... "Options --> Memory"
    11-23-08 07:20 PM
    Can I do this with a Mac?
    11-24-08 12:24 AM
    Can I do this with a Mac?
    you sure can
    11-24-08 12:29 AM
    On a similar note, is it me or does the Bold do ringtones different as far as accessing them to use? When I am editing a profile, not all of my ringtones are showing like I think they used to on older models. Should I be placing them somewhere different on the phone or memory card?
    11-24-08 06:36 PM
    I LOOOOOOVE this thing!!!!!!

Anyway, I am having trouble here. Maybe I am missing something. I transferred nearly 200 mp3 ringtones that I made. I did this via bluetooth but they ended up saving in the Music folder instead of the Ringtones folder. How do I manage my files....I want to move them all to the Ringtones folder because they are only mp3 clips that I use for ringtones, not actual full songs. Help appreciated!!!
    i had, and have this exact same problem. i've got all the settings correct, but for some reason all the ringtones show under my music folder. the only solution i've found was to remove the media card, then assign the ringtones from the device memory. i also deleted all the ringtones from the media card after saving and transfering them to the device memory. before that, everytime i wanted to assign a new ringtone, the music folder on the memory card showed up and i had to scroll thru over 4 gigs worth of music to find my mp3 ringtone. i wish there was an option to choose which folder to start out with, that would make things much easier.
    11-24-08 06:55 PM
    Hey Hazel... welcome to CB!
    11-24-08 10:25 PM
    This tip does not resolve the issue with the all the music folders being listed but it will allow you to access the ringtones easier. Hook up the Bold to your PC and browse to the music folder where your music is stored. Create a folder called 1Ringtones. Transfer all your ringtones into this folder. When you browse for a ringtone alphabetical order will place this folder at the top of the list for easy access.
    12-04-08 01:16 PM
    This tip does not resolve the issue with the all the music folders being listed but it will allow you to access the ringtones easier. Hook up the Bold to your PC and browse to the music folder where your music is stored. Create a folder called 1Ringtones. Transfer all your ringtones into this folder. When you browse for a ringtone alphabetical order will place this folder at the top of the list for easy access.
    that is an excellent idea! very nice!
    12-04-08 01:26 PM
    I have a storm and had the same issue....try this (i dont know if the menus are the bold)

Go to your media player.
    Hit the blackberry button.
    Go to Explore.
    Find you ringtone.
    Hit Blackberry button.
    Select move.
    Follow the file structure to the ringtones folder and click that.
    select move into.

That did it for me after days of frustration

Hope it helps.
    01-25-09 08:30 PM
    My files always went to ringtones until tonight. What's up?
    01-05-10 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD