I've had my blackberry 2 weeks and have yet to use the browser, or music, or email or anything that drains the battery. I keep it off during the day and at night and after being on for only 3 hours, I have 30% battery life. Do I have a lemon? I want to go back to my other phone because of this unless there is something I can do.
    Any advice will be appreciated!
    08-25-08 07:15 PM
    Do you have Bluetooth enabled? For me that seems to be a big battery drain - on any phone, not just BB (even when phone is in standby) so I find it best to disable it when I am not using it. You also don't say how much of the 3 hours is call time.
    08-27-08 01:04 AM
    08-27-08 10:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Some thoughts:

1. How are you charging your phone? Please only use the original BlackBerry wall charger for a while. This give by far the fastest charge and the best battery life.

2. Nothing drains a Blackberry battery faster than beng in a poor reception area.

3. As Carl says, turn Blurtooth off when it's not needed.

4. Read the threads posted by 49ways.

5. Use the Standby button on the top of the phone. This is a real battery saver.

Three hours battery life it ridiculous. My phone goes for about 2 days between charges.

You may have a faulty battery. If the phone is new. See if the store will exchange your battery and see if this fixes the problem. There has to be a simple fix for this. What you are experiencing is just not normal.
    08-27-08 10:39 AM
    if the phones defective, return it as you have 30 days exchange policy with bell, see if the new BB has the same issue....

it could be a defective BB
    08-27-08 12:24 PM
    i had the same problem last night, i installed beejive and mothys bebold theme yesterday. So I was playing xbox and I was charging my phone for a good 2-3 hours, then my friend called, after 20 mins of talking, i looked at my battery meter and saw 75%, so before i went to sleep i charged it, so that was overnight, charging was probably 8-9 hours tops, i took it off the charger and it had 80% battery life, what might the cause of this problem be?

i had wifi and bluetooth off, should it be beejive since i was on it the whole time?
    08-27-08 02:21 PM
    You may have a defective battery. It took a few weeks for my battery to be decent at all, it was dying quickly at first.
    08-27-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD