Hello,

Got my first Blackberry this weekend and love the ******** crap out of the thing!! Having come from a Windows Mobile background, this thing is a dream. Also having been with Verizon for many years and dealing with their proprietary UI, the BB UI is quite refreshing.

Questions regarding background apps: Seems the thing I dislike the most is the inability to close running apps with a single action. I.e. single key press especially when I am several screens deep into them. As far as I can tell I need to use the BB menu key and scroll (sometimes quite a ways) to the "Close" option on the menu in order to actually get most apps to close completely. Are there any shortcuts I am missing to do this? Another annoyance is that while it trys to anticipate why I brought up the menu, the cursor may be at or near the top of a long menu. It would have been nice if they provided to ability to scroll "up" to get to the "bottom" of the menu.

When I bring up the "Switcher" there seems to be default apps always displayed - Browser, Call Log, Home Page, BB Messenger & Messages. I am assuming these are the defaults and cannot be closed off of the switcher menu....Yes???

Thanks - and great community!!
    Last edited by Datalux; 06-23-08 at 03:26 PM.
    06-23-08 03:23 PM
    welcome to CB...heres some useful info>>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-23-08 03:31 PM
    That is correct you cannot close any of those apps.
    06-23-08 03:33 PM
    Regarding the 5 that are always there, you're correct. BB messenger, browser, home screen, phone and messages are always running.

Somebody recently posted a similar question about closing applications w/o having to scroll. There really isn't another way.

One semi-shortcut is to push the BB menu button, the hit "C". That will jump down the menu to the next entry that starts with C. If Close is the only one, it'll jump right to it. If there are others (for example in messages, hitting C gets you to "Compose SMS", "Compose email", etc. You can hit C repeatedly to get to Close.
    06-23-08 03:33 PM
    One semi-shortcut is to push the BB menu button, the hit "C". That will jump down the menu to the next entry that starts with C. If Close is the only one, it'll jump right to it. If there are others (for example in messages, hitting C gets you to "Compose SMS", "Compose email", etc. You can hit C repeatedly to get to Close.
    That's what I'm talking about!! Great tip!
    06-23-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD