Just wanted to come in and introduce myself. My name is Aaron and I'm coming back to Blackberry. Not Android Blackberry, but Blackberry Blackberry lol. Let me give a little bit of history.

My first smartphone was the Curve. Loved it. But then the Pearl came out. Was and always will be my favorite device of all time. Absolutely loved that phone. But being the addict to new phones that I am, I got suckered (more like very little convincing needed, after all it was a new BlackBerry) into getting the Storm. Not one I enjoyed. So went back to the Pearl. And then it happened. I left.

I hated the iPhone. Probably because I was on Verizon and couldn't get it. But more like I refused to jump on the bandwagon like everyone else. But then the Motorola Droid came out. With its slide out keyboard and new OS, my addiction to new phones and new things got me to buy it. Never left Android. Kept that and went through new Android phones for years. Moto, HTC and Samsung. Always looking for the next big thing with better camera, better screen, better everything. And that's where I stayed.

I did try Windows Phone. That whole addiction to new again. I had a Nokia (who else made Windows Phones lol) 928 and Icon. I enjoyed them for the small time I had them. The tiles. I great cameras. But my browsing tech sites got me back to Android. Yup, better....Everything. So I got back in the race. But stuck specifically with Samsung as they seemed to be pulling away from the other Android makers. S4, S5, S6. Then came my wife.

My wife was an iPhone user. She wanted us to get the new (at the time) iPhone 6s. I had held out for so long. Funny what women can get you to do. I took the plunge. It was....ok. Simple to use. Very smooth. Cameras were good. iMessage was cool. Plenty of apps. But to me just boring. I liked my ability to root and customize my Android phones. So back I went. Got me an S7. Great camera. Fast fingerprint sensor. Screen is amazing. Plenty of apps. And plenty of lag. And so so battery life. It's a gorgeous phone. But just bored with it. And then I remembered.

Years ago I had gotten my mom a white Z10. Man was that thing cool. Loved the feel in hand. Loved the OS. Didn't think twice about getting me one though. But here I am, and I'm ready to get back to black.

I've grown. Android will always be cool to me. And I'm sure I'll be paying attention to it. But I'm over the race. I'm over trying to always have the best camera in a phone, the greatest screen. I'm over the lag. The so so battery life. I'm over the same slabs just with minor differences. Most importantly, I want to come back to where I started.

I'm not coming back ignorant to the situation of Blackberry and it's OS. I know full well what going on. I just don't care lol. I don't know how else to put it. I love the OS. So I'm on the hunt now for the phone I know I want - the Passport. Such a unique device and above average specs with my favorite OS. Hopefully I can find one at decent price.

So here I am. Back to where I started and I honestly couldn't be more excited. If you read through all of that then you're a champ lol. Look forward to being a part of these forums on my Passport.
    01-07-17 02:07 PM
    The BB veterans would have better advice, but I had the same thoughts when I joined CB in July last year. I have learnt here that BB10 is almost defunct. If you must have a passport, be sure to have another phone for your daily work - android most likely, in your case.
    More apps are leaving / expiring from BBW by the day. It would become really difficult to use a passport in the future. It would basically become a text, email, call device.
    You can try the new Mercury, to get a taste of, say blackberry android passport.
    Going by your post, I feel, you change devices very quickly. If that is so and you fancy using the Bb10, go ahead, get a passport. You can always change it.
    mrlugo88 likes this.
    01-07-17 02:32 PM
    Well then maybe I won't enjoy being part of these forums but I'll still enjoy using the Passport as my daily driver. I do change devices a lot, about every 6 months. But I'm over that and ready to just settle. No offense, but I'm over the whole app argument. As I've stated, I know exactly what's going on with Blackberry. And it honestly doesn't bother me a bit. It seems if I need to, I can set it to download apps from Amazon app store or whatever it is. I love the look of the phone and the OS so I'll be plenty happy with my choice. Thanks my man.
    01-07-17 03:14 PM
    Go ahead, get the passport👍
    01-07-17 03:24 PM
    First off, welcome to Crackberry!

This site is for BlackBerry addicts off all makes and models (and the phones). If you enjoy a device, use it to its fullest no matter the OS powering it; they've all got their pros and cons and there is no single perfect OS. I came here as a Pearl user myself and I'm still around after all the upheavals of moving from OS to OS, it's not as bad as some make it out to be. If you have a device, we have a forum for it.
    mrlugo88 likes this.
    01-07-17 03:29 PM
    Just thought I'd update and say that I got my Passport yesterday and am loving the device. The only thing that bothers me a lil is that the camera isn't as good as my S7. Don't mistake that to mean I thought it was going to to match up to the S7. I just thought a lesser camera wouldn't mean much to me but it kinda does lol. No worries though my wife is getting a Lumia 950 so that'll take care of that.

Overall, I love the phone. Still getting use to typing on a keyboard again but it brings back some old memories. I really love the uniqueness of the form of this device. My son seen it and was truly amazed. He said "how do you even make that?" lol. The screen is better than I was expecting as far as quality. I am really enjoying the ability to swipe with the keyboard, makes having the keyboard great.

Love the OS. I've realized that I don't use many apps at all anymore so that's not an issue. In fact I don't feel the urge to waste my time browsing for useless apps. Really not a issue, and even less than I thought it was going to be. Love the gestures. So quick and easy to switch between apps. Much better system than Android. My wife really likes the picture password too. Not a fingerprint scanner but definitely a great security feature. I'm sure I could go on but I know everyone knows the features of the OS. So I'll just say I'm really enjoying it.

Anyways just an update. I'm officially back in the mix.
    blackmass likes this.
    01-10-17 11:22 AM
    Just thought I'd update and say that I got my Passport yesterday and am loving the device. The only thing that bothers me a lil is that the camera isn't as good as my S7. Don't mistake that to mean I thought it was going to to match up to the S7. I just thought a lesser camera wouldn't mean much to me but it kinda does lol. No worries though my wife is getting a Lumia 950 so that'll take care of that.

Overall, I love the phone. Still getting use to typing on a keyboard again but it brings back some old memories. I really love the uniqueness of the form of this device. My son seen it and was truly amazed. He said "how do you even make that?" lol. The screen is better than I was expecting as far as quality. I am really enjoying the ability to swipe with the keyboard, makes having the keyboard great.

Love the OS. I've realized that I don't use many apps at all anymore so that's not an issue. In fact I don't feel the urge to waste my time browsing for useless apps. Really not a issue, and even less than I thought it was going to be. Love the gestures. So quick and easy to switch between apps. Much better system than Android. My wife really likes the picture password too. Not a fingerprint scanner but definitely a great security feature. I'm sure I could go on but I know everyone knows the features of the OS. So I'll just say I'm really enjoying it.

Anyways just an update. I'm officially back in the mix.
    Welcome back on board !!

For the camera, get that camera++ app, it improve things a bit!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59348437

Posted via CB10
    mrlugo88 likes this.
    01-10-17 11:29 AM
    Welcome back on board !!

For the camera, get that camera++ app, it improve things a bit!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59348437

Posted via CB10
    Hey appreciate the welcome and the suggestion. Going to download right now
    01-10-17 11:39 AM
    Hey appreciate the welcome and the suggestion. Going to download right now
    You are Welcome!
    And enjoy your PP as we do! ;p

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 01:41 PM
    Passport - the best phone to choose, but be very careful, as you start getting used to it, you will want to use it everyday and like me will have to carry two phones. But hold on, there is another problem, now that I have got used to passport, I am thinking of getting an update, there just isn't one out there to match it or come close. I am always comparing all the phones to the passport, even though there is the lack of apps. I just end up using the browser or my other old iPhone for the apps. I hope you will enjoy and cherish it like me and others here. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 11:13 PM
    Welcome back aboard the Titanic. Hope you brought your mustang suit?

Passport is awesome. Best BlackBerry ever made. I used to think that about the Pearl and Torch too.

You seen this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-tips-965730/
    01-20-17 04:54 AM
    Welcome [Back] To Crackberry mrlugo88 !

From Blackberry to iPhone, to Windows and Back to Blackberry.

I know full well what going on. I just don't care lol. I don't know how else to put it. I love the OS. ...
    If you read through all of that then you're a champ lol.
    Always interesting to read how people have made their way back to the land of Blackberry. ^_^
    01-27-17 10:17 AM
    I can definitely relate. I've been through the rounds with iPhone, Samsung, Windows but never been as happy in love with the Blackberry when I got my first smart device. Now I'm back and here to stay. My hubby was more faithful than I, he never strayed from the Blackberry, still using his passport after the buttons on his Bold finally broke away from his touch... but little does he know (away at sea) I'll have us both a KEYone when he gets home, and together our BB LOVE Is united as one again!
    04-30-17 01:13 PM