Hi there,

I'm deaf/hard of hearing. I was a long time BlackBerry user that allowed themselves to got caught up in the iPhone /Android hype but missed the keyboard and now returned with a Q10. One thing I did like about those devices is they allowed me to use a Cap Tel relay app (Hamilton or Sprint).

I know there is a Hamilton Cap Tel relay app for BlackBerry but cannot find it in App World.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:52 PM
    Hi and Welcome back!

If you can't find the app in BlackBerry World, it may not yet be available for BB10.
    The only thing I can suggest is maybe to get the bar file and side load it. There are lots of instruction and tutorials on how to do this on the Android App Sideloading Forum.
    09-21-13 05:08 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Hamster is correct in that the Hamilton CapTel isn't available for BB10 devices. You could email the developer and ask if they are going to make it available. [email protected]

I see it is available in the Google Play store so I will alert one of our mods who converts Google apps into bar files and see if he will help.
    09-21-13 06:06 PM
    One of our mods (a big thanks to Lendo!) was kind enough to get it from Google Play and convert it to a bar file.

Here is a link to the Hamilton CapTel converted bar file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85483678/com.hamilton.ui_6.bar
    He didn't test it so there isn't a guarantee the app will work on your phone.

Here is a link to the guide on sideloading Android apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/android...device-821005/
    09-21-13 06:43 PM
    Thank you for your replies! Middbrew, I'll let you know how the converted app works.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:12 PM
    Middbrew, I get a 404 error from Dropbox when I hit the modified app link. No worries. I'll try the sideloading technique.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:23 PM
    Middbrew, I get a 404 error from Dropbox when I hit the modified app link. No worries. I'll try the sideloading technique.

Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    I got the 404 the first time Lendo sent it to me but he sent it again and it work. Let me see if I can get it working for you.

You will need to download the file and use the sideloading to get it on your phone.
    09-21-13 08:26 PM
    Try this one and save it to your computer, then use the sideloading to add it to your phone. Https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85483678/com.hamilton.ui_6.bar

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ilton.ui_6.bar
    09-21-13 08:27 PM
    Alas, no joy. I have emailed Hamilton Cap Tel relay as suggested.

Again,thanks for all the help and despite this it's good to back with BB.
    09-21-13 09:53 PM
    Alas, no joy. I have emailed Hamilton Cap Tel relay as suggested.

Again,thanks for all the help and despite this it's good to back with BB.
    Sorry to hear it didn't work. Hope you get a positive reply for them.
    09-21-13 10:11 PM
    Q10 Update:

Yet to find any apps for the Deaf/HoH but that has not been a problem. I didn't really use it that much. I love the fact that I've returned to BlackBerry. The keyboard cannot be beat. OS10 is great. The Hub is such a thoughtful addition. I hated having go from text app to email app on the android. Since I've never used my phone for movies I really have not missed the larger screen. The reader function in the browser is a great tool.

This really is one of the best (if not the best) tools for communication I've ever used!

Not going back to iOs or Android any time soon. Adios to touch screen typing for as long as I can avoid it.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:36 PM
    Its too bad you didn't find an app for what you were looking for. But it's great that you are really enjoying the Q10.
    10-15-13 09:02 PM
    Hi there,

I'm deaf/hard of hearing. I was a long time BlackBerry user that allowed themselves to got caught up in the iPhone /Android hype but missed the keyboard and now returned with a Q10. One thing I did like about those devices is they allowed me to use a Cap Tel relay app (Hamilton or Sprint).

I know there is a Hamilton Cap Tel relay app for BlackBerry but cannot find it in App World.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome back! Have you tried Sorenson's ntouch mobile yet? I started a new thread. Perhaps you would be interested to test the app on your Q10? Click here for more information.
    11-21-13 09:41 AM