Hey guys, I just got a BB Curve 8310 a few days ago and had some questions:

1) How do I find out what OS I am using on my BB? Also what are the advantages of upgrading?

2) When I get my BB unlocked does it also de-brand it as well?

3) When backing up my BB to my PC do I just back everything?

4) How can I watch Divx movies on my BB?

Sorry for all the noob questions guys and thanks in advance. If I have any more questions I will just update my first post
    11-05-08 06:22 AM
    1. options>about. it will be v4._.0.__
    2.No it just makes it able to use another GSM carriers SIM card
    3. Yes
    4. hit the 101 link in my signature for help with video and more

Welcome to CB!
    11-05-08 06:25 AM
    Hey welcome to CB, great choice on a device and welcome to the BB world.

1. BB button -> Options/Settings -> About. That will let you know your current OS Ver. Upgrading will allow you to access new features and different custom stuff. Your carrier will release official OS upgrades. Just check your Carriers Website.

2. When you unlock it it will allow you to use any SIM in the device, but your device will still have your device original carriers specific logos, program apps.

3. I back up everything once a month, then everytime I reload/update anything on the device ill do a weekly backup. But you can customize how much you would like to backup.

4. The only way I watch movies on my BB is by using a .mpeg file an upload it to my Mini-SD card. Don't do it often though.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Again Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 06:30 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply! Another question I have with my BB Curve 8310, I tried to search for a Wifi connection but when I go into 'manage connections' it does not give me the option to search for a Wifi connection. Does this mean my BB cannot make a Wifi connection?
    11-05-08 06:36 AM
    The 8310 doesn't have wi-fi. Only th 8120, 8320, 8820, 8220 Flip and Bold currently have wi-fi.
    11-05-08 06:37 AM
    Welcome to CB. Besure to pick up a memory card if you do not have it already.
    11-05-08 06:39 AM
    Ahh that answers my Wifi question, thanks pltaylor :thumb

Hey teal thanks for the advice, already picked up a 4gb microSD the day after I got my BB. Went on Ebay, bought got a hard case and screen protector (should be here in the next few days)

Now its just getting down to personalizing my BB technically

Any know how to debrand a BB?
    Last edited by LeeBang; 11-05-08 at 07:20 AM. Reason: added another question
    11-05-08 07:19 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    11-05-08 09:12 AM
    welcome to the CB lifestyle
    11-05-08 09:48 AM
    Welcome to CB!

11-05-08 09:56 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!

11-05-08 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the greetz guys! I just saw pics of the BB Storm and..... DAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNNN!!!!! Looks better than the iphone at least IMO

Anyone know how to de-brand a phone?
    11-05-08 03:04 PM
    WELCOME to CB!
    11-05-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD