Hello all! Been browsing the forums for a while now and finally decided to sign up, Lol.

My name is Mike and i'm from southern california.

I don't currently have a cellular but am planning on picking up the new bold when it drops. I am debating between joining at&t or t-mobile. If anyone would like to help me decide, my zip code is 92277.

This site is really great and I can't wait to get myself a berry!
    10-28-09 11:53 AM
    Welcome!
    I think Tmo's coverage in SoCal is pretty good (I'm in Irvine). One of the great things about Tmo is the wifi with UMA calling. I allows me to have a low amount of minutes on my family plan and then I have an add-on of unlimited hotspot calling for families for $10/mo.
    Enjoy your berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 12:32 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

AT&T seems to have a larger coverage area. i'd go with them before T-Mobile.

Check out the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series ! This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Check out CrackBerry's list of free OTA apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 08:05 AM
    Thank you both for the replys!

I think I may go with T-mobile since they're 25-30 bucks cheaper, and I plan to text more than call. But I still have a little while to decide

Thanks for the humble welcoming, This place rocks
    11-04-09 10:48 PM
    Welcome, I would check both carriers coverage if you're in the desert. I know tmobile has a personal coverage check that might help.
    11-05-09 02:17 PM
    Thanks GenuineHelp.

I checked both coverages again and noticed that T-mo doesn't have 3g in my area; only Edge.

At&t has 3g out here but i dont know if the price difference is worth edge/3g difference? they both show good call coverage out here
    11-06-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD