Tried to search but got no results. How do I add a phone number to an existing address book entry. For example I have my brother's mobile number and he calls me from his work number but I don't have that on his contact info. How do I enter this new number into his existing address book entry without actually going into his address book entry and adding it myself?
    10-07-08 10:12 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Highlight your contact in Address Book, press Menu and select Edit.

10-07-08 10:14 AM
    Go to his entry in your address book and hit edit and add the new number.
    10-07-08 10:14 AM
    I actually have a question related to this. I had an xv6700 with my contacts on Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I used the BB DM to sync. I have 400 contacts in outlook, but when I synced, only ONE contact made it to the BB and THAT contact is not part of the 400. What am I doing wrong?
    10-07-08 07:09 PM
    Ok so then there is no way of doing it. On my old enV I got a call hit options on that # and it gave me options to add as neq contact or edit existing contact entry from the call log without having to go into the address book and doing it there. Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 10:00 PM
    Ok so then there is no way of doing it. On my old enV I got a call hit options on that # and it gave me options to add as neq contact or edit existing contact entry from the call log without having to go into the address book and doing it there. Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Copy the number from the call log, and paste it into the correct field in the existing contact. The native software only allows you to create a new contact, as you've observed, not edit an existing one. If you create a new contact, the new phone number defaults to the work number field. You can't change that, either.
    10-07-08 10:53 PM
    Got it thanks.
    10-08-08 04:58 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    10-09-08 02:02 PM
    How do you add a new number into your address book. I can never figure this out.
    11-21-08 08:21 PM
    To add a new entry in the Address Book, press the Menu button (the one with the BlackBerry Logo, to the left of the trackball), the select New Address.

To add a new number to an existing entry in the Address Book, open the entry, press the Menu button, select Edit, and type or paste the number in the appropriate field.
    11-21-08 11:02 PM
    when i press the blackberry button from the address book i get the following :
    move , hide . showall add folder switch applications
    11-21-08 11:17 PM
    I get no option for new address
    11-21-08 11:18 PM
    Click the Address Book icon to open the Address Book, then press Menu again.
    11-21-08 11:32 PM
    11-24-08 05:06 PM
    gcastillo,

I am with you. I had the same question and it is quite annoying. With my old old old RAZR. if someone called me all I had to do was say add and pick the person and it would add it as another number.
    With the blackberry it is a much more manual process. I wish it was easier but the highlighting and copying and searching address book and finding and selecting and editing is the long drawn out only way I have figured out too.
    11-24-08 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD