It doesn't take long to become totally addicted to a BlackBerry.
    My best friend, myself and my husband all jumped on the BB train and love our phones. We have 8703e's and Alltel is our carrier (Arizona).

We are having some billing issues with Alltel and I am almost ready to break our contracts. I went online to see the different plans/carriers that are available and Alltel seems to be on the high end price-wise and they seem to be playing catch-up with the whole data thing.

My question is about the differences in carriers and what you get from the different ones. Which carriers have the best (quickest and most content) data plans?
    I understand this is subjective and I won't hold anybody responsible for any advice they give.

ps, it is really hard to type on a real keyboard!
    06-25-07 01:08 AM
    I like TMO...rates are cheap and I get good coverage.
    06-25-07 02:37 AM
    It took you that long?

ps: I say T-Mobile all the way! I've tried Cingular (AT&T) as well as T-Mobile, but I just think they offer a better service...
    06-25-07 05:07 AM
    I'd say find whatever carrier gives you the coverage you need. If T-Mobile fits that bill, then great!
    06-25-07 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the responses. T-Mobile has the 8800 available with a big price tag! I wonder if they run any in-store specials?

I am heading to the Alltel store on Wednedsay and giving them a chance to get our billing issues straightened out. I don't really want to break our contracts since it would be pretty darn expensive, but I am so tired of dealing with stuff every billing cycle.
    06-25-07 08:09 PM
    If you do look at switching, take a look at Amazon.com, they have been running some really great deals lately.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 06-26-07 at 08:42 AM. Reason: typo
    06-25-07 08:14 PM
    The 8800 is more expensive through tmobile but depending on which plan you choose you can almost cut your monthly bill in half in comparison to cingular and verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-07 09:46 PM
    Factoring in the costs of dumping 3 contracts and having to purchase 3 new phones (because Alltel doesn't have sim cards) it is looking like I will have to deal with Alltel for a while yet. However, knowledge is power and I plan on using the info from this site and the T-Mobile site to try to make a better deal.
    06-26-07 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD