Hi,

It seems every time I add a person to BIM [black berry instant messenger] *I* get the request and they don't

I think it has something to do with the fact that my primary email account is Gmail,and it seems all outgoing mail in gmail gets copied to the inbox.. maybe this has todo with it?

I dunno. I'll take any help

Thanks.
    09-16-08 07:34 AM
    In order to add someone u need to go to add contact, scroll to top where it says use once, and press bb button and click add by pin. Then enter the pin and follow the instructions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 07:57 AM
    oddly enough, thats what I did, he received it, accepted it and I didn't get the accept notification.

also, i assume the "use once" methodology isn't always needed if they are in your address book?

finally, when i go to use once it asks for email address, not PIN.
    09-16-08 08:52 AM
    request by PIN is always more reliable.

can you enter the PIN in use once then click BB menu? this should then ask use request by PIN or request by email...
    09-16-08 08:56 AM
    Ahem. The correct term is BBM(BlackBerry Messenger). Lol.

09-16-08 08:57 AM
    well, the other party received my request, he approved it. i haven't gotten the approval back yet tho, he is still in my pending list.. strange.
    09-16-08 11:37 AM
    Am I right in saying that bbm is for comunication betwee blackberry users on blackberries? I can't get it to work at all!

09-16-08 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD