Hey all - I've been lurking a bit and figured I'd say hey.

I'm a bit of a cell phone hold out. The occasion to use one just never presented itself to any significant degree. My first clue was the sudden lack of pay phones a few years ago.

The family broke up a bit last year so it was time to enter the 21st century.

I agreed to a samsung s4 with the understanding it would work it the more rural parts of Canada. What I didn't understand at the time and what the dipstick bell reps didn't appreciate was rural phone access for my area meant CDMA only. Good thing Mom's htc contract was 2 months from expiring.

This 9350 has succeeded where samsung failed even if only because its a legacy device. The s4 was nice when I could use it but I didn't really need a big, fancy phone especially one that never really got turned on outside the local library's wifi.

I still need to ugrade to 7.1 but for now this BB fits the bill perfectly.

After lurking around I've come to appreciate more what BB offers and considering some of the more positive things I've heard about BBRY this could be the beginning of a fruitful relationship.

Cheers!
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-23-14 08:22 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    If you need anything, please reach out to me, another mod, or one of our Ambassadors.
    In the mean time please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!

I started out with the 8330 and OS 4.2, back around December of 08. I didn't adopt cell technology until late 04, and then realized what you just admitted to, pay phones are becoming as rare as honest politicians and DeLorean automobiles.

Don't feel bad, this is a great place to learn about BlackBerry, and even make friends. I hope you really enjoy the site!
    07-23-14 08:27 PM
    Welcome to the club.

Just like you, I was the kind of person who ditched a big device for a tiny BlackBerry that I found performs better and in ways that I love more.

Haven't turned back since, and I'm now using a Z1 over any other device. Thinking about upgrading to a Z30 when I get the opportunity.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    07-23-14 10:59 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and glad you are liking the BB.
    07-24-14 06:39 AM
    Ugh politics

I wonder which is more likel to stick gum in your ear - a payphone or politician?

This little BB indeed performs surprisingly well in ways I didn't expect.

It was an expensive orphan sitting all alone with a big CDMA sticker on its forhead and a keyboard to boot.

I walked away contract free and happily hooked up.

Anyway thanks for the welcomes!
    07-24-14 11:13 AM
    I should add after the s4 I was specifically looking for a BB because I needed a strong antenna and preferred a physical keyboard.

That and I actually do know how to spell without an auto-correct.

07-24-14 11:46 AM
    Hey all - I've been lurking a bit and figured I'd say hey.

I'm a bit of a cell phone hold out. The occasion to use one just never presented itself to any significant degree. My first clue was the sudden lack of pay phones a few years ago.

The family broke up a bit last year so it was time to enter the 21st century.

I agreed to a samsung s4 with the understanding it would work it the more rural parts of Canada. What I didn't understand at the time and what the dipstick bell reps didn't appreciate was rural phone access for my area meant CDMA only. Good thing Mom's htc contract was 2 months from expiring.

This 9350 has succeeded where samsung failed even if only because its a legacy device. The s4 was nice when I could use it but I didn't really need a big, fancy phone especially one that never really got turned on outside the local library's wifi.

I still need to ugrade to 7.1 but for now this BB fits the bill perfectly.

After lurking around I've come to appreciate more what BB offers and considering some of the more positive things I've heard about BBRY this could be the beginning of a fruitful relationship.

Cheers!
    So, with a handle like "North60" and the knowledge that you're a rural Bell customer, I'm wondering if you're a fellow northerner like me?
    07-26-14 02:14 AM
    So, with a handle like "North60" and the knowledge that you're a rural Bell customer, I'm wondering if you're a fellow northerner like me?
    Funny thing is I was just snooping around the buy and sell and noticed that nice PB package you had for sale
    *out of Whitehorse

Nice to meet a fellow Yukoner.
    Last edited by North60; 07-26-14 at 03:15 AM.
    07-26-14 02:27 AM
    Oh cool! You're welcome to PM me so we can meet for a coffee!

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-26-14 03:17 AM
    Whitehorse is a long day for me but a nice coffee sometime would be fun.

Cheers
    07-26-14 10:04 AM
    Heh heh... ALL Yukoners come to Whitehorse sometime! LOL
    07-26-14 05:30 PM
    Welcome and great to see you here!
    08-02-14 10:37 AM