Hey guys,
    I just got a new BB curve and cant figuere out how to set the keypad on automatic lock. Is there even a fituere like that? I use to have that on my NOKIA. Once you dont touch any keypads for 30 seconds, they would lock. I wonder if there is the same thing for the curve.
    08-11-07 12:07 PM
    No 'auto lock' per se'. But there is a lock with a code. Go to options / security settings / general settings / password, enable it, set the time limit, then press the back arrow (ESC). It will prompt you to enter a password, and then it will ask you to verify it...
    08-11-07 01:41 PM
    So does this mean you have to enter a password every time to unlock it?
    I too want my Curve to Auto lock after it's been inactive for a couple of mins.
    09-28-07 04:21 AM
    geek and proud dot net, look under the auto lock download
    02-14-09 10:01 AM
    there are 2 ways to lock your phone, 1) is just a keypad lock (like on the env2) your can enable the hotkeys so all you have to do each time is press the letter "k" and the keys will lock preventing your phone from dialing out, etc. and then you press "*" and "send" to unlock the keypad.
    OR
    2) WAT NAVIWILLIAMS said will lock your whole phone from anyone having access to it- and yes you have to enter the password each time to unlock it and you san set for how long to wait b4 locking it- BUT keep in mind if you 4get your password after 10 tries-it will wipe your whole device of all info-
    So if your just looking to prevent your phone calling, etc., while in your pocket go with option 1- me personally im not confortable using the security pw-im afraid il 4get it-and my phone is ALWAYS
    02-14-09 05:18 PM
    oops--lol--
    my phone is ALWAYS in my grip! i never put that baby down! lol
    So you need to choose wat will work best for you! welcome to crackberry!
    02-14-09 05:19 PM
    You can put it on stand-by mode.... I just lock mine...its easier for me
    02-14-09 07:50 PM
    geek and proud dot net, look under the auto lock download

you did not have to dig up such an old thread just to answer the question. that said, i have used the autolock app and think its great.
    02-14-09 08:29 PM
    my fone has a auto lock in holster feature nut its not a curve is a world edition I would guess that all these fones have tis or a similar feature
    02-15-09 02:18 AM
    If you go to your settings you can set your side buttons to do whatever you want... i set my left side button to lock my phone instead of doing the voice dialing it was originally programmed for
    11-24-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD