Ok, so these forums are the only ones I have ever visited, so I'm not hip to all the lingo! Most abbreviations I can figure out (or I just ask my 12 year-old niece), however, what the h*ll does "+1" mean? Its driving me crazy!? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 11:19 PM
    +1 will means the person agrees with what someone before them said. Sometimes they will quote the other person or sometimes that response will appear right under the one they agree with.
    06-12-09 11:22 PM
    Ah-ha! Thanks ice! Mystery solved.

06-12-09 11:24 PM
    Ah-ha! Thanks ice! Mystery solved.

No problem...
    06-12-09 11:27 PM
    +1 will means the person agrees with what someone before them said. Sometimes they will quote the other person or sometimes that response will appear right under the one they agree with.
    +1.

Sorry. Had to do it.

06-12-09 11:53 PM
    +1.

Sorry. Had to do it.

I have been waiting because I knew it would.
    06-12-09 11:55 PM
    One forum I'm on replaces +1 with "pip pip old bean, i concur. now make me a watercress sandwich" in the swear filter.

Another forum mod decided he didn't like the word cheese, so that got replaced with "somerset dairy produce"
    06-14-09 09:11 AM
    Hahaha! That's hilarious!

Ok, here's another one, what does it mean at the bottom of a post when I see "char" or sometimes I'll see "char 10" what the??

06-14-09 09:23 PM
    Hahaha! That's hilarious!

Ok, here's another one, what does it mean at the bottom of a post when I see "char" or sometimes I'll see "char 10" what the??

10 char means character. Try to respond by yes or no you'll get the idea very soon

06-14-09 09:39 PM
    It's also another simple way for people to add to their post count without actually contributing any knowledge.

06-14-09 09:53 PM
    If you don't post using a minimum of ten characters, you'll get a run around while trying to post.

06-14-09 09:57 PM
    +1, as in bonus, or added value. Probably from us gamer geeks. +1 Response of N00b Assistance!

06-14-09 10:10 PM
    Oh, I get it, I guess I don't get the whole post count thing, I mean what's the big deal? I guess I'm too old to care about such things, and also too old to get all the abbreviations apparently, hahaha, oh well!

06-14-09 10:13 PM
    There's no incentive involved with post counts! It gives that person some sort of dependability when they give advice to people. Meaning that someone will trust the person with a higher post count more than they would someone with only five posts.

06-14-09 10:18 PM
    No, +1 has nothing to do with post count. +1 means you agree with the statement, it's just giving props to the poster.
    06-18-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD