I refuse to use Dolphin because of how terrible it looks. Ick. Glad it's quick though.
    11-30-12 08:09 AM
    I asked the same question about Dolphin (the high score you get when you go to the HTML5 website on an Android phone) and what was explained to me (if I can get this right - not sure I understand it) - when new browsers come to the site for a score, the site then goes into the specifics. Apparently the site asks the browser what it's capable of - and takes it's word for the answer. When the site goes into the specifics sometimes it find that the browser is not being entirely correct about support for a particular feature.

Every time I go on my GNote to the site I get a similar score to the one posted but apparently they are adjusting the score for "Dolphin Engine Beta" to 469 now on the list of competing mobile browser scores.
    11-30-12 08:33 AM
    I refuse to use Dolphin because of how terrible it looks. Ick. Glad it's quick though.
    In fact Dolphin on an Android device looks and works a lot like the new BB10 browser. There is the ability for gestures, and the very same peak you get in BB10. Don't judge Dolphin from the version that's available for the PlayBook, I am pretty sure it's an older Android port and the devs have shown no interest in keeping it up to date
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-30-12 08:46 AM
    The reason is that when web developers test their web pages, iOS is the most important testbed.
    Right. This is the same reason Firefox got a foothold years ago on the desktop. It was favored by devs. So they made their sites work best with it. So then when the average user tried it, it exceeded their expectations in comparison to IE. Thus they preferred Firefox in lots of cases.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-30-12 08:59 AM
    fully up to date Dev A comes in at 1503ms, whenever i get around to updating my Dev B it *should* perform even better than that
    Hum this is quite interesting, I just ran sunspider on my PlayBook on 2.1 and got 3302ms. I am quite interested to see what an updated Dev B gets. I wonder if the main difference vs the PlayBook is more to do with PBOS vs BB10 or the hardware differences.
    11-30-12 09:49 AM
    The discussion wasn't about Flash though, it was about HTML5. iOS rendering is very fluid and fast. iOS may not have the highest score on html5test.com, but in real world usage, it cannot be beat. The reason is that when web developers test their web pages, iOS is the most important testbed. Let's say someone used an advanced html feature that Android or BB10 has but isn't on iOS. That would be considered a bug, and the web developer would stop using that feature.

iOS also does javascript really really well.
    I hope it's not a indication of BB10 but the PlayBooks browser definitely does not. It's sucks at javascript. If anyone isn't impressed by the speed of their browser, turn off javascript and it flies. I hope RIM fixes this. Having high HTML5 scores is cool, but real world speed means everything

*my 1000th post...yay me lol*

Only took 4 years (-__-)
    pantlesspenguin and middbrew like this.
    11-30-12 11:44 AM
    whoar a challenger has appeared.*Old streefighter arcade music* *Hadoken*

Hmm intresting we scoring 484 for now and its not gold standard yet and with partial pushed out OS on dev devices so its pretty good and fast.The score might change once the OS is at gold standard.

Most importantly the browser is not as pants as it has been for years its up their with best now and reliable thats all we wanted quality browser.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-30-12 at 03:34 PM.
    11-30-12 12:35 PM
    Most importantly the browser is not as pants as it has been for years its up their with best now and reliable thats all we wanted quality browser.
    I personally dont mind that it isn't as pants, but that's just me .
    Cesare21, middbrew, Rello and 4 others like this.
    11-30-12 01:47 PM
    I agree, pants are way over rated.
    11-30-12 03:23 PM
    Must have typed that on a PlayBook ha
    11-30-12 03:25 PM
    I hope it's not a indication of BB10 but the PlayBooks browser definitely does not. It's sucks at javascript. If anyone isn't impressed by the speed of their browser, turn off javascript and it flies. I hope RIM fixes this. Having high HTML5 scores is cool, but real world speed means everything*my 1000th post...yay me lol*Only took 4 years (-__-)
    Congrats on your 1000th post. I'm sure yours have been very meaningful and well thought out. Unlike the the random useless crap I post.
    Last edited by middbrew; 11-30-12 at 04:01 PM.
    kbz1960, bungaboy, Rello and 1 others like this.
    11-30-12 03:32 PM
    Must have typed that on a PlayBook ha
    I don't think it was a typo. According to the Urban Dictionary:
    pants
    adjective. British slang. Not good; total crap; nonsense; rubbish; bad
    "The first half of the movie was pants but I stayed until the end and it was actually a great film."
    Although I'm kinda partial to this interpretation:

Pants
    In place of any word deemed innapropriate or foul, use the word "pants". This allows you to get your intentions across, but allows for some humor and a clean mouth as well. Grandma panties is derivitive of pants and is a very bad insult that can mean whatever you wish it to mean, as long as it was originally supposed to be innapropriate.
    1. Go to pants!
    2. Pants you!
    3. Pants off!
    4. I'm getting pantsed.
    5. You're a pants!
    6. I just took a huge pants.
    7. Pants, you lookin' gooood!
    8. That was pantsing stupid!
    9. You're a pants pantsing pants who pantses every pantsing pants that pantsing comes your pantsing way, therefore you and your pantsing pants should go to pants!
    10. You're a pair of grandma panties!
    bungaboy, kbz1960, RECOOL and 4 others like this.
    11-30-12 03:37 PM
    whoar a challenger has appeared.*Old streefighter arcade music* *Hadoken*

Hmm intresting we scoring 484 for now and its not gold standard yet and with partial pushed out OS on dev devices so its pretty good and fast.The score might change once the OS is at gold standard.

The better it gets, the closer it gets to pantless which, in another thread in the CB forums, is a true mark of excellence.
    11-30-12 04:09 PM
    Tizen eh................. Is it pantless? Or are you saying it pantsed BB10?
    louzer, middbrew, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    11-30-12 04:46 PM
    there's no need to brag about having the highest score for html5. although it is being pushed it has yet to be a standard. alot of these web apps being built for this standard will make its way to many consumers. samsung will be using it with their consumer line of hardware and so will RIM. so as it picks up, standardization will soon be in the horizon.
    Well we need something to brag about right?
    11-30-12 04:49 PM
    Tizen eh................. Is it pantless? Or are you saying it pantsed BB10?
    Its just as scionicman posted.You cant swear in this forum so ''pants'' was a substitute for a swear word which this forum blocks.The current BB's browsers are not good enough imo I think they are pants.

I ain't got beef with Tizen its been around for quite a while now.Their OS seems to built totally around HTML5 and css3 so their pone and browser should be fine tuned for high HTML5 score good luck to them.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 11-30-12 at 06:58 PM.
    11-30-12 06:32 PM
    Well I think your pants are full.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-12 07:11 PM
    Also other than the "it measures the compatibility not speed".. You can checkout the breakdown..
    Tizen is "significantly" scoring over BB10 in the Experimental WebAudio API.. As it is experimental eventually it will come to WebKit too I'm guessing..

The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
    11-30-12 08:41 PM
    I agree, pants are way over rated.
    That's why I believe in "No Pants Fridays" :P
    bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    11-30-12 08:57 PM
    Its just as scionicman posted.You cant swear in this forum so ''pants'' was a substitute for a swear word which this forum blocks.The current BB's browsers are not good enough imo I think they are pants.

I ain't got beef with Tizen its been around for quite a while now.Their OS seems to built totally around HTML5 and css3 so their pone and browser should be fine tuned for high HTML5 score good luck to them.
    Pants may be a substitute for a swear in this forum, but pantless is a way of life in the 50K Challenge. So to clarify, the current PB browser is pants, but the 50K Challenge is pantless. Remember. Be Bold. Be Pantless. Be 5000.
    11-30-12 09:29 PM
    Gotta love the CrackBerry folks for being able to give such a nice twist to my thread hehehe. We went from BB10 browser score to pants being overrated and pantless fridays, awesome.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-01-12 10:32 AM
    Where would one be without pants?

(hint http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe.../index778.html )
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-01-12 02:22 PM
47 12