Why would sprint superimpose a bb screen shot onto a Motorola Admiral?
    09-06-12 11:11 PM
    Its not a BB go look at a picture of the Admiral. The screen is too big its a moto
    09-06-12 11:19 PM
    Yes, the phone is a Motorola Admiral but the display is from a bb torch with os7. It is without a doubt the drop down "manage connections" screen of os7.

That's why I'm asking. Someone at Sprint made the conscious decision to digitally alter that phone display for the commercial and put a bb screen shot onto the Motorola android phone.
    09-06-12 11:27 PM
    Whoa that's weird. It isn't a great photoshop either. The screen in the top right rises a bit off the bezel. But that's nuts though...I really wonder why they would do that...
    09-06-12 11:57 PM
    looks liek it has a curve keypad too but all the numbers are along the top row of buttons. hmmmmmmm
    09-07-12 12:43 AM
    I didn't think you were correct till I zoomed in and took a closer look and you are absolutely correct. That's about the oddest thing I've seen today. lol
    09-07-12 12:49 AM
    Where is this video?
    09-07-12 01:44 AM
    You must have super vision to notice that.
    09-07-12 02:46 AM
    Not if you have a 9810 with OS 7 -- it's a screen you see regularly, so of course it's going to catch your attention.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-07-12 06:25 AM
    looks liek it has a curve keypad too but all the numbers are along the top row of buttons. hmmmmmmm
    No, the hardware is all the Moto Admiral on Sprint. That's the real moto keyboard. Moto was blasted by admiral and Droid Pro users for putting the numbers across the top row. I know, I was a Droid Pro user for about 6 months...
    09-07-12 07:29 AM
    Where is this video?
    it was a commercial and I snapped a pic of the tv. I'm sure if you search for sprint commercial android you will probably find it online somewhere.
    09-07-12 07:30 AM
    Nope, just a huge phone dork who must pause the dvr to see any time someone is holding a phone.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-07-12 07:30 AM
    Anyway, is so weird they have do it that thing... maybe kill 2 birds with one stone?? i mean do it a little advertice about BB, something subliminal...... who knows...
    09-07-12 07:47 AM
    Hey kjjb0204 you made the News. Congrats.
    09-07-12 10:02 AM
    Lol, I think it was done by a closet BB fan employee and was trying to get the word out that RIM is not dead.

Though of course, I'm kidding but boy do I wish that was the case.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-07-12 10:23 AM
    What's up with all the Moto that look like BBs? I'm really curious to hear why Moto is allowed to use BB forms - it's so similar that RIM can easily sue them for the same reason Apple is suing Samsung (on grounds of form).

And why do majority of people ridicule BB for its "outdated" look but praise Moto which has basically the same look? I'm just astonished.
    meganVee likes this.
    09-07-12 10:36 AM
    What's up with all the Moto that look like BBs? I'm really curious to hear why Moto is allowed to use BB forms - it's so similar that RIM can easily sue them for the same reason Apple is suing Samsung (on grounds of form).

And why do majority of people ridicule BB for its "outdated" look but praise Moto which has basically the same look? I'm just astonished.
    Exactly,I also noticed that also-people are quick to dismiss Blackberry for being outdated ,don't realize Moto basically looking more like a blackberry..Duh smh
    09-07-12 10:45 AM
    Lol.
    This is funny.
    I just held my 9810 up to the screen at the same angle and it definitely is the manage connections screen without a doubt.
    09-07-12 10:55 AM
    Replace keyboard with the Bold one and a slightly more BB look, if that was the form factor for the BB 10 keyboard device. Would you buy it?
    09-07-12 10:57 AM

Sheep, man. They're all just sheep brainwashed to like everything that isn't RIM. I hope they make a heroic comeback with BB10.
    09-07-12 12:32 PM

Who praised Moto for that look? LOL.

In any case, IIRC, Moto has permission to use that look. I seem to recall that RIM sued as a response to Moto's suit against them. Don't know that it would have prevailed, but they did settle. Thus, Moto has permission to make these type of devices all day long.
    09-07-12 03:11 PM
    Does anyone have that phone where we could compare the screens? I wonder if they just ripped off the look. It seems odd to edit that into a video.
    09-07-12 03:47 PM
    Does anyone have that phone where we could compare the screens? I wonder if they just ripped off the look. It seems odd to edit that into a video.

It is the torch screen, exactly. Not just like it or resembles, its a blatant edit of a bb display on an android phone. You can clearly see the checkboxes, the button in the middle to turn off all notifications and the battery, signal and time banner at the top.
    09-07-12 03:59 PM
    Now I could see somebody photoshopping windows 7, or xp, or ubuntu on it too.

But damn motoroto, you've done it again.
    09-07-12 04:08 PM
    Take away the top row of keys, replace with extra screen space and looks like a good BB10 phone
    09-07-12 05:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD