Okay, so I liv in Norway and I'm going to the US in a few days (4). I've been an iPhone user since the first one came out. But now I think it's time for a change. So I decided that I was going to switch over to blackberry. The problem is that blackberry phones only started to be sold I Norway 2 years ago and are very expensive ( approx. 300$ more then what they might cost in the US ). And so I thought that it might have been a good idea to get my new blackberry when I was going on my trip to the US.

But now the problem is that I really don't know what to do. Because I know that the bold 9900 is coming out soon. But it's most likely that when it comes out I'm back in Norway and unable to get it for a reasonable price. So now I really need some advice on what to do and what to get.

I was thinking of getting the torch as it a blackberry but with a touchscreen ( which I really like having ). But now as I'm looking at the other models I also like a few of the bold models.

So please can somebody help me pick a phone as I really don't know what to do at this time..

Thanks
    07-22-11 05:24 PM
    9780 hands down if youre looking to get one fast.
    or pony up like $1000 for a 9900 on eBay
    07-22-11 05:31 PM
    Okay, so I liv in Norway and I'm going to the US in a few days (4). I've been an iPhone user since the first one came out. But now I think it's time for a change. So I decided that I was going to switch over to blackberry. The problem is that blackberry phones only started to be sold I Norway 2 years ago and are very expensive ( approx. 300$ more then what they might cost in the US ). And so I thought that it might have been a good idea to get my new blackberry when I was going on my trip to the US.

But now the problem is that I really don't know what to do. Because I know that the bold 9900 is coming out soon. But it's most likely that when it comes out I'm back in Norway and unable to get it for a reasonable price. So now I really need some advice on what to do and what to get.

I was thinking of getting the torch as it a blackberry but with a touchscreen ( which I really like having ). But now as I'm looking at the other models I also like a few of the bold models.

So please can somebody help me pick a phone as I really don't know what to do at this time..

Thanks
    I personally LOVE my Torch (9800). Love being able to use either the hard keyboard (great for txting, even with my fat fingers), plus I have the larger screen and the option to use the soft keyboard. I use it both for business and pleasure. Again, just my preference. My wife has a Torch also, and loves it. Have had BB models, Storm, Storm 2, and now Torch. Best regards.
    07-22-11 05:43 PM
    Well there you have. The 9780 is a great device with a serious business form factor.
    The 9800 is fun with the Full touch, as well you have the QWERTY. Best of both worlds. One of those bad boys is your best choice, Still cant decide, well it sort of a high quality problem. Either way you cant go wrong! Enjoy.
    07-22-11 07:29 PM
    If possible, get someone to get you from US once bold 9900 or other rumoured devices come out. You'll be more satisfied since you are coming from iphone.

If you can hold your temptation.....
    07-22-11 07:41 PM
    Good advice there. ^

9780 is a solid phone and I love the form factor, but honestly the 9900 will be an awesome phone!

Tough situation honestly. I mean if can't hold off on temptation, then get a 9780.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 08:37 PM
    I'm not using a Torch, but have tried one. The touchscreen is not as enjoyable as the iPhone, and the screen resolution is the same as 9780.

9780 is a good phone in every way, minus touchscreen and the key stutter experienced by many people.

Conclusion: get a 9780, or wait for the new bold.
    07-23-11 12:30 PM
    get a Torch 9800 from AT&T or a Bold 9780 ... unlock it and use it in your country with WIFI and SIM card.
    07-24-11 07:10 AM
    It is sooo close now; the 9900 specs are just so far superior to everything else... it would be painful to get locked into the existing Torch or Bold.

Get something used if you cannot wait.
    07-24-11 10:13 AM

I was thinking of getting the torch as it a blackberry but with a touchscreen ( which I really like having ).

Thanks
    I am very unbiased and have owned more phones than I care to admit. You say you like touch screens. IMO, if you get a currently offered Blackberry (Torch) you will be disappointed. Apple makes probably the best touch screen device available, I'll also say WP7 is right there with them.

I know your looking for a change, just know the refinement of the iPhone will not be there in currently offered Blackberries.
    07-24-11 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD