I know I there's a utility for this problem, but I can't seem to locate the threads that were in to OS section.

AppWorld notified me of a BBM update, I installed it, it told me to reboot, which I did, and now I'm stuck in a loop where my Style just reboots when the progress bar reaches the end.

(hourglass for a moment, then reboot)

Help, I have no recent backup.

Solved, see Post # 8
    Last edited by pauldriver; 02-23-12 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Solved issue
    02-22-12 05:02 PM
    Yikes! I read the reviews to the update and they all seemed to have the same problem you're having. Hope someone posts a fix for u. glad I didn't update. Good luck to u!
    02-22-12 06:02 PM
    Style, OS 6 right? No recent backups, can't help you there, you are probably going to have to blow everything away and reload the OS. That's why you always should make a weekly backup. Anyway, try this out http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry.
    02-22-12 06:07 PM
    BBSAK is what I was looking for.

Just did backups with it.
    02-22-12 06:26 PM
    BBSAK for the WIN!!!!
    02-22-12 07:44 PM
    BBSAK for the WIN!!!!
    For sure bbsak is a nice piece of software. I assume you used bbsak to wipe your style then reload the os? Wwhere you able to backup while in the boot loop?
    02-23-12 07:02 AM
    That happened to me when my phone just suddenly rebooted without any reason. panicked of course. and went to booting for 5-6 times then thought of removing the sim card and memory card. then put back the sim but not memory card. FIXED. then to prove my assumptions I inserted the SD card then the phone when back to reboot cycle.
    02-23-12 07:28 AM
    I used BBSAK's ability to remove a cod file from the device.

BBSAK will grab the java loader during the boot loop and pause the boot while it's connected. Some commands will allow the boot loader to continue, just wait for the next boot loop connection

Once the offending file was removed, the phone booted normally on the next boot cycle.

A full backup and OS update put things right, I was two updates behind.

(Posted from my playbook, using my blackberry keyboard)
    Last edited by pauldriver; 02-23-12 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Spllng
    02-23-12 10:36 AM
    I upgraded EverNote and now my blackberry torch 9800 is on a continual reboot cycle!!

These issues with blackberry are frustrating and unacceptable.
    03-25-12 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD