So I am a HUGE BLACKBERRY fan and I always get grief for it from non-blackberry users but I will never switch from bb.

Anyways I work with a NFL agent and for this years draft we relied on twitter to see who was getting drafted when. It was 4 to 5 picks ahead of the ESPN AND NFL Network. Where we were for the draft had terrible wifi so I bridged my playbook with my bold 9900 and let me tell you how helpful it was to do that. We were able to be on top of the draft. While everyone else had their iPads (no connection) I was plugging away with my nice bridge connection.

I never understood the bad press for Blackberry, but my boss was so impressed that he switched from the iPad to the Playbook. Next ill have him switch to a blackberry phone!

Team Blackberry!
    Yasch22, ekv, eliirodz and 11 others like this.
    05-29-12 07:06 PM
    Great real-world example, thanks

Bridge is excellent. I don't worry at all, ever, about the internet connection to my playbook
    curvedthumb likes this.
    05-29-12 08:10 PM
    Great story! We need more stories like this to get the word out that BlackBerry is back!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-29-12 08:19 PM
    I live rural -poor coverage area.
    Nobody that comes to my house can get diddly...
    'Ceptin' me and my wife.
    Why?
    'Cause we're "Back in BlackBerry "!
    When it absolutely HAS to get there
    It's BlackBerry!
    05-30-12 01:29 AM
    Really a great example this was.........it would be helpful to get BB back. ... Playbook is a better option then iPad.
    05-30-12 03:51 AM
    Great story OP.

I got my PB knowing about bridge but not knowing about using my 9900's data via bridge when not in a wifi area.

Two days after my PB purchase (two months ago) and not near wifi my Playbook pleasantly surprised me by connecting to the CB site. I haven't needed the phone data connection that much since but it's such a good feature and will be there when I am also stuck again.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-30-12 06:25 AM
    Great story, OP! I use bridge every day with my PlayBook since I don't have home internet or wifi.
    05-30-12 07:29 AM
    Yep! Its amazing how, when you show somebody how the PB works, they are like WOW!...

Just a week ago I showed a peer of mine in production management how I use mine. He has now ordered 2. One for him to use at work and the other for his wife.

Lets educate people on how good/productive the PB can be!
    05-30-12 07:38 AM
    The Playbook with the Bold 9900 is a great combination and i'm sure that if people were testing it they would leave their ipods for a playbook.
    05-30-12 08:33 AM
    Really a great example this was.........it would be helpful to get BB back. ... Playbook is a better option then iPad.
    What about the iPad 4G/LTE? Other than the fact that it's 3 times the price of a PlayBook.
    05-30-12 08:35 AM
    My company issued iPhone constantly loses connection to our mail server. My bosses are pissed!! But guess who is happily replying mails? Me! Because my personal phone is a blackberry and due to the crappy iPhone email, I use my blackberry for work emails now.
    Haigeo likes this.
    05-30-12 08:49 AM
    its amazing how people make fun of the phone and then when you ask if they have tried the phone their answer is no. I have had this happen to me many times. once they try it, they like the way it works. never makes sense
    05-30-12 12:11 PM
    What about the iPad 4G/LTE? Other than the fact that it's 3 times the price of a PlayBook.
    You'd also have to pay for the 4G/LTE connection.
    05-30-12 12:17 PM
    So I am a HUGE BLACKBERRY fan and I always get grief for it from non-blackberry users but I will never switch from bb.

Anyways I work with a NFL agent and for this years draft we relied on twitter to see who was getting drafted when. It was 4 to 5 picks ahead of the ESPN AND NFL Network. Where we were for the draft had terrible wifi so I bridged my playbook with my bold 9900 and let me tell you how helpful it was to do that. We were able to be on top of the draft. While everyone else had their iPads (no connection) I was plugging away with my nice bridge connection.

I never understood the bad press for Blackberry, but my boss was so impressed that he switched from the iPad to the Playbook. Next ill have him switch to a blackberry phone!

Team Blackberry!
    At it's price, BlackBerry playbook is the best possible options. Video playback, display, resolution is great. It's not underrated but I would say It's not overrated as it should have been.
    Yasch22 likes this.
    05-30-12 01:13 PM
    I am a hard-core PlayBook Missionary! Had to call support for my IP the other day and when I hung up the tech was going out to get a PB. I think I sold one of the Geeks at Best Buy the other day. When I tether HDMI and do presentations, I just love to watch people start looking down at their iPads to see if they can do what I just did. Nope. I get the biggest kick out of watching the iSuperior curl drop from their lips. I know it is low of me, but it is just so validating after all the snide remarks about RIM.
    skxj likes this.
    05-30-12 02:27 PM
    It really came in handy, we were all around the PB looking at the picks coming in. Glad all of our guys got drafted!
    05-30-12 03:45 PM
    It has saved the day for me and my band mates so many times with mobile hotspot and bluetooth modem via bridge!

Bluetooth, is brilliant.
    05-30-12 09:34 PM
    I have a kind of similar story...I am currently working on a project where I am working remotely but have no WiFi access and need to be able to access a company online software to provide critical feedback on our products back to my team at head office.

I had been struggling along for 4 or 5 weeks, taking hand written notes and waiting till night time when I got back to my hotel room to access the internet and provide the feedback. A couple of days ago I finally woke up... I have had a playbook for approx. 8 months and had been using it for various things, and really enjoyed the Playbook experience... I even used the bridge on a regular basis to do work emails, open file attachments, etc. Anyway, a couple of days ago when I was accessing the bridge I saw the icon for the bridge browser and finally the lights went "ON"... anyway once I had access to the internet I ended up saving hours of work everyday. Thank you BB for making my life so much easier.

BB/RIM forever.
    anjali_jain and Haigeo like this.
    05-31-12 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD