just got a new battery and lastnight it just stoped working , when I put the battery in on the screen it comes up with a battery with a red line across it.
    I have been useing a Motorola W377 charger on it, i was told it was safe to use could it be that?

my battery also has a red line on the littel white sticker is that normal
    08-02-11 11:59 AM
    The red line on the white sticker is normal. The white sticker is a moisture indicator. If the red line fades to pink and blurs, the battery has gotten wet and the warranty is invalidated. I'm not familiar with a Motorola W377 charger, but if it has a mating connector for your phone, it won't hurt the battery. It's possible if it is only a 5v, 500mA charger, that it isn't charging the battery fast enough if you are charging with the phone on. Newer chargers typically can deliver 750 to 1000 mA charging current. Try charging your phone with the phone off. If that solves the problem, you just need to get higher current charger. If it doesn't solve the problem, try a different charger. If that doesn't solve the problem, return the battery for an exchange.
    libby95 likes this.
    08-02-11 12:06 PM
    thankyou for your help , my phone turns on when i put my battery in anyway so i cant turn it off but i will see if i can find another charger .
    08-02-11 12:10 PM
    You can still turn the phone off. It has either a separate power switch, or you turn it off by holding down the red phone button.
    08-02-11 12:29 PM
    i have tryed holding down the off button and it just wont turn off ? i have to take out the battery . as soon as the battery is in it turns on again ?
    08-02-11 12:49 PM
    i have tryed holding down the off button and it just wont turn off ? i have to take out the battery . as soon as the battery is in it turns on again ?
    It sounds like the device is damaged.
    08-02-11 12:52 PM
    Do you have access to another BlackBerry that uses the same battery? If so, swap batteries with that user and let him see if he can charge your battery.

Following up on Laura's comment, has your device gotten wet? Even just a little?
    08-02-11 01:03 PM
    I think your charger connection i s damaged.....
    08-03-11 01:59 AM
    Do you have access to another BlackBerry that uses the same battery? If so, swap batteries with that user and let him see if he can charge your battery.

Following up on Laura's comment, has your device gotten wet? Even just a little?
    hasnt gotten wet , i took the batteryout acouple of times to switch my sim , i put it back in and the screen came up , i have orderd a propper charger and battery for it so if they dont work i know its the phone .
    08-03-11 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD