Hi have an problem,and as far as I know a few other people also have this problem.

I just switched from comviq (prepaid tele2) to Telia because of 4G and 2G support.

Internet works perfectly, but connection to world and bbm does not.

There is no BlackBerry icon, I rebooted 20 times or so.

Apn settings are changed to online.telia.se

I tough BlackBerry 10 doesn't need any special service or connection, but as far as I see it does.. otherwise it would work on any network.

But this is not the case, I'm running 10.2.0.483.

The only thing I can do I update the carrier files from. 663 to. 483 and hope it's working.

But it means that BlackBerry does need a special connection somewhere... or is this just for 10.2?

On Facebook I saw someone that had the same question / problem and Telia and some random guy keeps saying that BlackBerry does need special Internet service he said that BlackBerry 10 doesn't.

But Telia and the random guy keep saying that BlackBerry does, I know, we know that BlackBerry doesn't .

But the real question is, how can it be that I don't get bbm or world with this provider, but it works with all the other once.

Doesn't matter if it's prepaid or subscription.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 02:09 PM
    My chat with telia...
    Z10 on Telia Sweden-telia.jpgZ10 on Telia Sweden-telia2.jpgZ10 on Telia Sweden-telia3.jpg
    07-18-13 04:14 AM
    Hej... Did you ever get this problem with Telia worked out? I don't have a solution, but I wanted to say that I use my Q10 on 3 (tre.se) and get 4G coverage fairly often in Stockholm (not all the time) and have no problems with getting the BB symbol and connecting to BBM etc.
    08-19-13 01:21 AM
    My Z10 happily connects to BBM and BBW with Telia.
    Strange that it does not work for you?
    09-03-13 05:31 PM
    Don�t you have to have BIS for connection to these services, and I know that Tre and Tele2 offer them

BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) & BlackBerry ID - Privat - tre.se ?
    09-24-13 06:06 AM
    Good day,

Since there are people who still seem to have problems using BBM/BBW via their cellular datanetwork, even though one should be able to use any operator on an ordinary data plan since the release of BB10 and the new devices Z10/Q10/Z30; I've been reading up on some of these problems one could find around the internet on CrackBerry and Telia's forums. What I didn't found in any of the stating of the problems with BBM/BBW are answers to the questions at the bottom of this post.

Since Telia (openly) doesn't seems to be able to inform the few users of BB10 why there still is a connection problem and therefor forwarding them to BlackBerry Support who can't seem to do much about it either and forwarding you back to your carrier, the users seems to be the ones who investigate this somewhat time consuming problem further.
    My thought is that perhaps there is a slim possibility that this connection problem over cellular network has to do with the age of one's SIM-card or perhaps type of account?
    Yarre (and those of you who use Telia as a carrier and is having problems or no problems at all), if you still is using Telia as your carrier (and Z10 as cellphone), would you please answer the questions that follows.

How long have you been using Telia (and/or when did you switch)?
    When did you last get a new SIM-card?
    What kind of data plan do you have (are you using a prepaid card or a monthly subscription)?
    Do you connect your BB10-device to BBM/BBW using GSM, 3G or 4G?
    Which version of the BBOS are you using?
    Have you ever been having any problems or not having any problems at all with your BB10 device's data connection over cellular network?
    Are you using VPN or such?
    11-12-13 05:18 AM
    From what i now and can tell, the issue here is that Telia never supported BIS from the first place and don't allow their network to route thru another server, in this case the NOC? This is just an estimated guess. And hence BlackBerry nor Telia had any partnership I guess it's better to just leave Telia and choose another Swedish carrier. I have tried myself with everything and I'm quite experienced with both networking and BlackBerry. I read somewhere someone said they managed to get it to work, but I find that extremely hard to believe, only case if is that person is connected to a bes server. So, conclusion. It have never worked, nor probably never will work.

Getting connection to Internet with correct apn is working, but connecting thru that connection to the blackberry servers are impossible. (at the moment) Hence that is why people have been setting up hotspots and it is working thru regular wifi. (this only means that bbm and blackberry services can't connect thru telias default network) and why it works thru wifi or mobile hotspots.

I hope I made this Telia situation more clear for everybody.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:14 PM
    My Z10 happily connects to BBM and BBW with Telia.
    Strange that it does not work for you?
    I find this hard to believe, are you connected thru home wifi? Are you using corporate BES?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:16 PM
    I have this same problem in Finland.

New sim card, old number that used to be on BIS, multi-sim. Have tried two networks here (Saunalahti/DNA) and neither contract has worked.

However:

A year(?) old micro-sim card that is prepaid for usage on Saunalahti *with iPad* works.

So two possible differences there are the type of connection - a pure data one (although I can phone with it) rather than telephone contract and the sim card being micro sim not multi-sim (card that can be normal sim size or micro sim size depending on which you need).

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    12-06-13 06:16 AM
    From BB Q10 smartphones and onwards it should work without
    the need of (BIS)Blackberry Internet Service, right?

I received an e-mail BB info sweden
    and this is regards to BIS.(so we are clear on this)
    BlackBerry service is NOT WORKING
    in Sweden with a PREPAID.
    You have to have a subscription
    and add the BlackBerry service to make it work.

Maybe get a subscription and all problems is solved.

my 2 pence (eller �re)
    12-16-13 11:42 AM
    Update: Works no problem on Sonera in Finland.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    12-31-13 08:28 AM
    I'm told this has finally been rectified; telia sweden and bb services now work.
    07-02-14 04:17 AM
    Yep, can confirm everything works. Put in a Telia SE sim card in my Z30 today. No problem at all =)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 01:31 PM