Unlikely.

No leaks. No betas. Ever.
    Unlikely or not is not relevant. 8 digits for the unlock code. Don't have to accept it as fact, and personally I don't care. It is what it is. Stop filling peoples heads with crap.
    12-27-13 05:52 AM
    Actually, if you look here, BBerry unlock codes CAN be 8 digits depending upon carrier. Mobilemadness is on Rogers and they are listed as having an 8 digit unlock code.

The OP is on FIDO, which is also 8 digits. (This chart was updated 2013)

https://unlockmy.desk.com/customer/p...les/948882-faq

"Blackberry Unlocking Code
    AT&T/Cingular = Unlocking Code Must be 16 digits.
    Bell Mobility = Unlocking Code can be 8 or 16 digits (Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code).
    Fido = Unlocking Code Must be 8 digits.
    Mobilicity = Unlocking Code Must be 8 digits.
    Rogers = Unlocking Code Must be 8 digits.
    Telus Mobility = Unlocking Code can be 8 or 16 digits (Some Phone Model require both Unlocking Code & Service Provider Code).
    T-Mobile UK = Unlocking Code can be 8 or 16 digits.
    T-Mobile USA = Unlocking Code Must be 16 digits.
    Verizon 9530 = Unlocking Code MUST be 16 digits.
    Verizon 8830, 9550, 9630, 9650 = Unlocking Code MUST be 8 digits.
    Virgin Mobile Canada = Unlocking Code Must be 8 digits.
    Sprint = Unlocking Code Must be 16 digits."
    Last edited by scrannel; 12-27-13 at 08:40 AM.
    BigAl_BB9900 and sk8er_tor like this.
    12-27-13 08:22 AM
    Unlikely or not is not relevant. 8 digits for the unlock code. Don't have to accept it as fact, and personally I don't care. It is what it is. Stop filling peoples heads with crap.
    MM002 is exactly right. I know you are using a Z10 but back in May 21, 2013 this is how to unlock a BlackBerry Q10 from Bell Canada. I purchased my unlock code from
    I hope this helps
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-27-13 08:38 AM
    When i unlocked my z10 I needed the 16 numbers , PLUS you put a sim from another provider into your phone when you unlock it, not the one you use normally
    12-27-13 08:39 AM
    When i unlocked my z10 I needed the 16 numbers , PLUS you put a sim from another provider into your phone when you unlock it, not the one you use normally
    T-MO usa was 16 digits (free from T-Mo, of course) but you did not have to swap the SIM. This probably also varies carrier to carrier, but in ye goode olde days, the reason you stuck in the alien SIM was to induce the request for an unlock code. On my phone, at least, the message to enter the code was already there.
    12-27-13 08:50 AM
    PLUS you put a sim from another provider into your phone when you unlock it, not the one you use normally
    Someone told you a load of rubbish.
    inspector6 likes this.
    12-27-13 09:09 AM
    OP, you mentioned that you are with FIDO but was that carrier from which the phone was originally acquired? The unlocking service needs to know the original carrier from which the phone was acquired and not the one which you are currently using or the one you plan to use.

Just offering a possibility. For the others that suggest that the unlocking service the OP used is not reputable, I can only say that they were the only ones that were able to provide me with the locking codes for my Z10 after using two others suggested by many users on CB as being reputable.
    12-27-13 09:38 AM
    OP, you mentioned that you are with FIDO but was that carrier from which the phone was originally acquired? The unlocking service needs to know the original carrier from which the phone was acquired and not the one which you are currently using or the one you plan to use.

Just offering a possibility. For the others that suggest that the unlocking service the OP used is not reputable, I can only say that they were the only ones that were able to provide me with the locking codes for my Z10 after using two others suggested by many users on CB as being reputable.
    Hi, yup, original Z10 from iPhone. I also took a look at the video that inspector6 posted. On his third try, he got the message on the screen "Network code entered successfully", and then back on the main screen, he sees Network Unlocked in addition to Network Subset and Service Provider unlocked.

Just to re-iterate, I *do* see the message "Network code entered successfully". I just don't get the "Network Unlocked" on my screen. It still allows me to click on "Unlock Network" to enter my code again. So it's like, I enter a code that was "successful", but absolutely nothing happens.

I've contacted the code provider. Maybe it's the holidays, I'll wait a while. I would try another SIM card if I had one, but I don't. So until I hear back from the provider or have another SIM card, I guess I can do nothing but wait! Argh!
    12-27-13 01:48 PM
    Hi, yup, original Z10 from iPhone.
    That doesn't make sense - iPhone is not a carrier. You were asked by Chungfah what was the original carrier that the phone was locked to. Then you needed to tell the code provider that original carrier name.
    12-27-13 02:27 PM
    That doesn't make sense - iPhone is not a carrier. You were asked by Chungfah what was the original carrier that the phone was locked to. Then you needed to tell the code provider that original carrier name.
    Whoops, that was a big typo. Original Z10 from FIDO. Just a bit of an update, I heard back from CellPhoneUnlock.net. They said that what I experienced should not be a problem, tells me to try inserting another SIM card and see if I can make a call. Since I don't have another SIM card (yet), I guess I will wait and see!
    inspector6 likes this.
    12-27-13 07:06 PM
    Hi, yup, original Z10 from iPhone. I also took a look at the video that inspector6 posted. On his third try, he got the message on the screen "Network code entered successfully", and then back on the main screen, he sees Network Unlocked in addition to Network Subset and Service Provider unlocked.

Just to re-iterate, I *do* see the message "Network code entered successfully". I just don't get the "Network Unlocked" on my screen. It still allows me to click on "Unlock Network" to enter my code again. So it's like, I enter a code that was "successful", but absolutely nothing happens.

I've contacted the code provider. Maybe it's the holidays, I'll wait a while. I would try another SIM card if I had one, but I don't. So until I hear back from the provider or have another SIM card, I guess I can do nothing but wait! Argh!
    I got that message too when entered my incorrect codes.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 08:01 PM
    Whoops, that was a big typo. Original Z10 from FIDO. Just a bit of an update, I heard back from CellPhoneUnlock.net. They said that what I experienced should not be a problem, tells me to try inserting another SIM card and see if I can make a call. Since I don't have another SIM card (yet), I guess I will wait and see!
    Reach out to a friend on another network maybe to test it out.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-27-13 09:02 PM
    I just successfully unlocked my Q10, the code was 16 digits

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:37 AM
    I'm on Verizon, STL100-4...Here is a pic with unlocked Z10. (Verizon issues us an unlocked Z10 from their warehouse. Not sure why but they do.) just my two cents...hope the pic helps clear up the confusion of what an unlocked phone setting should look like.
    Z10 Network Unlock Code Successful, but no "Network -- Unlocked"-img_20131228_011356.png

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 03:18 AM
    I'm on Verizon, STL100-4...Here is a pic with unlocked Z10. (Verizon issues us an unlocked Z10 from their warehouse. Not sure why but they do.) just my two cents...hope the pic helps clear up the confusion of what an unlocked phone setting should look like.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131228_011356.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	234015

Posted via CB10
    There's no confusion. I know what it's supposed to look like, I know what I'm supposed to see. But to re-iterate, after I enter my code, a popup message says "network unlock code entered successfully". BUT back on the main screen, I don't see "network unlocked". CellPhoneUnlock.net said it should be fine, tells me to test with another SIM, but as I mentioned above, I don't have another SIM yet, so I will wait and see.
    12-28-13 09:02 AM
    I got that message too when entered my incorrect codes.

Posted via CB10
    So you entered an incorrect code, and the popup message still said "network unlock code entered successfully?"
    12-28-13 09:03 AM
    I think you need to have a sim from a different carrier to unlock it.
    A different SIM card to unlock the phone is not necessary.
    12-28-13 09:11 AM
    Don't know anybody with similar SIM on any other network?
    12-28-13 09:13 AM
    Maybe a non factor, but have you registered your phone on the network? Settings > About > Network > (three dots on lower right) > Register BlackBerry.
    Refayah likes this.
    12-28-13 10:25 AM
    Maybe a non factor, but have you registered your phone on the network? Settings > About > Network > (three dots on lower right) > Register BlackBerry.
    I haven't done that yet. Going to try

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:40 AM
    How do I register my Z10? I saw it in settings but can't find it now

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:46 AM
    Found out how to register

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 11:50 AM
    message says "network unlock code entered successfully".
    Is there any chance that message merely means it was *entered* but nothing else implied?
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-28-13 01:52 PM
    So you entered an incorrect code, and the popup message still said "network unlock code entered successfully?"
    Yes, that is correct. The tools I used were providing wrong codes, the message just stated that the code being entered was entered correctly. Not that the code itself was correct.
    12-28-13 02:05 PM
    I have an active SIM card that is from a different carrier, and nope, still locked. However, this time when I enter the code provided, it shows no message, but the number of remaining attempts just goes down. But no popup message, nothing.

Looks like I will have to go back to the code provider and ask for a different code, or a refund. Sigh. 7 attempts left, still a good amount left, but still! This is frustrating for a first-time I am trying to unlock any phone!
    12-28-13 03:34 PM
150 12345 ...