Hi guys, I've had my Z10 with Fido (Canada) for a few months now. I just got a code from cellphoneunlock.net (paid $25), and I entered it on my Z10. I press okay, it says "Network Code Entered Successfully", but back on the screen, it does NOT say "Network -- Unlocked". It says "Network Subset -- Unlocked" and "Service Provider -- Unlocked", but NO "Network -- Unlocked".

Help? Is this normal? I know it's supposed to also say "Network -- Unlocked". But again, when I entered my code, it does say that my network unlock code was entered successfully. I turned my Z10 off and back on, but still no "Network -- Unlocked". I should also mention that I currently have my original Fido SIM card in my phone, but I intend to use my phone abroad soon. Is this why? Maybe it will only show "Network -- Unlocked" when I insert some other SIM card?

Thanks!
    euges720
    12-26-13 07:38 PM
    If you have another sim try with it to see if it's unlocked

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:41 PM
    I think you need to have a sim from a different carrier to unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:49 PM
    Hi guys, I've had my Z10 with Fido (Canada) for a few months now. I just got a code from cellphoneunlock.net (paid $25), and I entered it on my Z10. I press okay, it says "Network Code Entered Successfully", but back on the screen, it does NOT say "Network -- Unlocked". It says "Network Subset -- Unlocked" and "Service Provider -- Unlocked", but NO "Network -- Unlocked".

Help? Is this normal? I know it's supposed to also say "Network -- Unlocked". But again, when I entered my code, it does say that my network unlock code was entered successfully. I turned my Z10 off and back on, but still no "Network -- Unlocked". I should also mention that I currently have my original Fido SIM card in my phone, but I intend to use my phone abroad soon. Is this why? Maybe it will only show "Network -- Unlocked" when I insert some other SIM card?

Thanks!
    euges720
    Put up a screen shot, cause when it's unlocked there should be three items listed.

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:00 PM
    I think I explained things pretty clearly, SIff...
    12-26-13 08:14 PM
    This makes perfect sense! Thanks Diego!
    12-26-13 08:14 PM
    This makes perfect sense! Thanks Diego!
    What does

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:15 PM
    So you only have two things that say unlocked.

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:16 PM
    So you only have two things that say unlocked.

Posted from my Z30
    That is what I said, yes But I also said I have my original SIM card in there. Diego suggested that to unlock it, I need a different SIM card in there.
    12-26-13 08:25 PM
    That is what I said, yes But I also said I have my original SIM card in there. Diego suggested that to unlock it, I need a different SIM card in there.
    Well when you sent the info to get the unlock code did you have to send your sim #

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:27 PM
    Well when you sent the info to get the unlock code did you have to send your sim #

Posted from my Z30
    Hi SIff, nope. They just asked for my IMEI and network provider. They sent me an 8-digit code within hours.
    12-26-13 08:35 PM
    Well, Diego is wrong. I've always unlocked it with my home SIM card in and only put the new SIM in once I got abroad. Never been an issue.

I think that "unlock with another SIM" suggestion is advice leftover from a prior generation of smartphone users, much mine "always filly discharge your battery before charging."

Sent from my white hot Z10 Rocking Leaked 10.2
    Smitty13 likes this.
    12-26-13 08:37 PM
    Well, Diego is wrong. I've always unlocked it with my home SIM card in and only put the new SIM in once I got abroad. Never been an issue.

I think that "unlock with another SIM" suggestion is advice leftover from a prior generation of smartphone users, much mine "always filly discharge your battery before charging."

Hi Benjamin, just to clarify, so even if I still have my original SIM card in my phone, it should still say "Network -- Unlocked" in addition to the other two unlocks? I just wanted to clarify this tidbit. Thanks!
    12-26-13 08:40 PM
    Hi Benjamin, just to clarify, so even if I still have my original SIM card in my phone, it should still say "Network -- Unlocked" in addition to the other two unlocks? I just wanted to clarify this tidbit. Thanks!
    Yes , I just didn't want say that the fellow was wrong.

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:41 PM
    Yes , I just didn't want say that the fellow was wrong.

Posted from my Z30
    Haha, well I understand. But since I don't have another network's SIM card handy, I can't give it a try. So I'm back to square one (for now). I enter my code, it says "Network Unlock Code Successful", but I still don't see "Network -- Unlocked". If anyone knows anything about this peculiar problem, please let me know. Thanks!
    12-26-13 08:43 PM
    Just wanted to chime in as well here...

I was successfully unable to unlock my Z10 from Koodo (Canada) without having to replace the original SIM card of my carrier with a third party one. Like the OP, all I had to supply was my carrier and IMEI number to get an unlock code.

The only difference between the OP and I it seems, is that he had an 8 digit code while mine was 16 digits in length.

euges720, have you tried a battery pull (or a simulated battery pull by holding down the power button through the red light) and reboot? I am only throwing this out as a suggestion, as my 'Network' setting showed unlocked after I entered my code. As to why yours is not, that has me puzzled.
    12-26-13 08:44 PM
    Haha, well I understand. But since I don't have another network's SIM card handy, I can't give it a try. So I'm back to square one (for now). I enter my code, it says "Network Unlock Code Successful", but I still don't see "Network -- Unlocked". If anyone knows anything about this peculiar problem, please let me know. Thanks!
    Ok so have you done a hard reset, if not hold volume up and down button for 30 seconds or until you see the blue loading circle.

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 08:45 PM
    Is your phone number being displayed on the sim card screen, if not then your phone may not be unlocked.
    12-26-13 08:49 PM
    Is your phone number being displayed on the sim card screen, if not then your phone may not be unlocked.
    I can confirm that I have done a hard reset but still no avail. Still just the two unlocks. I can also confirm that on the "SIM Card" screen, I see my phone number. Just to re-iterate, I enter my code, it says it's successful, but nothing changes. I still see the button that says "Unlock Network". Is that button still supposed to be there if it's successful in unlocking?
    12-26-13 08:52 PM
    Yes.

12-26-13 08:52 PM
    I can confirm that I have done a hard reset but still no avail. Still just the two unlocks. I can also confirm that on the "SIM Card" screen, I see my phone number. Just to re-iterate, I enter my code, it says it's successful, but nothing changes. I still see the button that says "Unlock Network". Is that button still supposed to be there if it's successful in unlocking?
    With 2 unlocks left.. please stop trying to input it again ..... your phone will be hard locked to the original carrier....
    12-26-13 08:53 PM
    There are no 8 digit unlock codes. You probably got robbed by the sketchy unlocking service you paid for online

12-26-13 08:54 PM
    I would get a hold of the company that gave you the code and tell them it's not working.

Posted from my Z30
    Maybe try restarting your phone to see if it was just a little glitch?

I used the same website to unlock my Z10 on Rogers. Had my original SIM card in there during the unlocking process and it showed all three sections as "Unlocked" afterwards.
    With 2 unlocks left.. please stop trying to input it again ..... your phone will be hard locked to the original carrier....
    Sorry, by "Still just the two unlocks", I meant I only see "Network Subset" and "Service Provider" unlocked. But no "Network" unlocked. I have 8 attempts at unlocking left. I would try again with my code, but I just wanted to get some feedback before I try again.
    12-26-13 08:55 PM
150 123 ...