Hi guys,
    I need some of your expert opinions. I recently purchased a Canada Rogers locked BB Z10, and I have the intention to unlock it. So I went
    on roamgalaxy and got the unlock code. Unfortunately, the code was entered successful, but I do not see the "Network unlocked" field, aka my phone did not get unlock properly.

So I don't know does the latest firmware cased this issue, but I would like some of your help? Please!
    Ideally, if some of you could recommend a 100% guarantee unlock site, please suggest it to me? or if there is something else I can do.

btw, I have 6 tries remaining (I've tried unlocking with original sim, different carrier sim, and without sim). All resulted the same thing.

Thank you guys!
    03-13-14 02:30 PM
    Since the Telus Q10 is under warranty - I just took it into a local Telus store after opening a touble ticket since I received an unlock code from them.

The phone will be sent out for repair / replace - Let's see what happens.

The Telus rep tried the LAST 8 digits of the unlock code and it worked.....successful unlock reported - but of course once you reboot/insert another carrier SIM - same thing - not unlocked.

I'm wondering if the last firmware update from BB screwed this up - seems to be a problem now!

Update - went to Telus this afternoon after work to pick up the "fixed" phone.

Same phone returned only this time the unlock count was set back to 10. Tried the same unlock code in the store - this time it said unsuccessful !!

Tried three times - same thing.

Back the phone goes to repair. Only this time if returned and not working it will be replaced or maybe replaced this time since it's now been
    escalated.

Telus store rep was great and even said he will borrow a sim from Bell next door and test before I pick it up.

So there is a way to reset the failed unlock count - but either way something's up with unlocking some Blackberrys.

I'll update all again.....
    03-14-14 07:32 PM
    UPDATE:

Just called out corporate Telus rep and he provided the unlock code for the Q10 - same code !!!!

Not sure what's going on here at this point. I'm afraid to try again.....

Try the blackberry direct method with your or another supplier. Rather than select Rogers, Fido, Bell, Virgin, Telus, or Koodo select the Blackberry database (or International/Other) selection. It seems the carriers are having issues providing the correct codes for their Blackberry devices. It is becoming more common.

-- freemyblackberry.com
    Last edited by john.grisum; 03-15-14 at 07:48 PM.
    03-15-14 07:35 PM
    Hi have a Blackberry Q10 and have confirmed that it is locked to Telus and works on a Telus Sim Card.
    Also called Rim 1-800 support and confirmed the device was sold to Telus Mobility Communications.
    Rim confirmed the Device PIN and read out the exact same IMEI number I have been using.

Obtained a unlock code from Quick Phone Unlock – Unlocking Made Simple. for $20 Canadian

In the Sim Unlock Menu..
    I entered 16 digit unlock code, and received a message "Successfully unlocked"

Turned off the cell, and inserted my Rogers LTE micro sim that works in my other phone.
    and it still says Network Locked..

I am down to 4/10 attempts with 6 failed attempts, two of which to make Video proof it fails.

I also tried only entering the first Eights digits from the left, as I have seen in some example videos for Network unlock code videos on Youtube for unlocking the Q10.
    My attempt at trying 8 digits failed also.

I called Telus Tech Support, and the Tech confirmed that my devices IMEI is unlockable, and present in their Unlock database.
    Compared with the unlock code they have and I have been trying, and is the same.

Does anyone know maybe if a Telus sim card has to be present before it will unlock it successfully ?
    Telus support doesn't think so, but they have only detailed instructions for the Z10.

The sim unlock menu shows the Following

Settings SIM Card screen.

Shows:
    "Your current Sim card requires one or more Mobile
    Equipment Personalization codes before the
    Mobile Network will be available"

Unlock Network { Option Icon to unlock }

Network Subset
    Unlocked
    Service Provider
    Unlocked

Help would be appreciated, as I am replacing a phone that was stolen from me with a used one I purchased, and my Contract is not available for an new phone upgrade for another year.

I did a firmware upgrade before I did the sim unlock, and at software version 10.2.1.2102,

Sounds like there is some kind of unlock glitch on the BB Q10 as I did see unlock successful on my first try.
    and is not accepted any longer..

Next Steps:
    Will contact the Blackberry Direct method and see if that unlock code is any different..
    as the QuickPhoneUnlock.com and Telus's unlock codes are the same.

Thank You,

Yanek
    03-26-14 04:39 AM
    I spent a goodly amount of time yesterday searching for the best method to unlock my Rogers Z10. I tried College Website Designer - Toronto Website Design - it seemed promising, but the code it provided (although entered successfully) did not unlock the Network. The Rogers PRD code was not supported, so I used their MEP code for Rogers. The site suggested using the IMEI number I got from the phone by entering *#06# - it has two extra digits than the one on the box or even under the About-Hardware menu. Anyway, I burned up a few unsuccessful tries with the free codes, and decided to spend some $$.

Today I found a suggested site in another forum Roam Galaxy, and gave it a shot. It only cost $15, took about two hours for my 8-digit unlock code to be emailed, and it unlocked the network successfully. Well worth the money, I totally recommend this site.

Interestingly enough, I was able to unlock a Rogers 9900 BB by using the College Website Designer site, so if you have legacy devices, go there and give it a shot, at least it's free.
    03-26-14 10:38 AM
    Having the same issue...ordered unlock code direct from Telus - it did not work.

Q10 under warranty - sent out - came back reflashed - same thing - it would not unlock. They sent it out again and sent back a replacement unit (different IMEI).

They just tested at the store with ANOTHER UNLOCK code from Telus - will not UNLOCK.

Issue has now been esculated.....I'll update again once I have more info.
    03-27-14 10:35 AM
    Well- no luck. Telus can't unlock the refurb Q10.

Waiting for Monday as the Rep. From Telus is now requested a unlocked phone be sent to me.

Anyone reading this work for Telus ??

Wonder if this normal???

Cheers
    03-28-14 07:30 PM
    kcorey,
    What software version are you using ?
    Was the successful unlock code 8 or 16 digits

Yanek
    03-31-14 01:35 AM
    Hi Rob,

Wondering when you got the phone back reflashed from Telus was the Unlock counter reset to 10 ?

Yanek

Having the same issue...ordered unlock code direct from Telus - it did not work.

Q10 under warranty - sent out - came back reflashed - same thing - it would not unlock. They sent it out again and sent back a replacement unit (different IMEI).

They just tested at the store with ANOTHER UNLOCK code from Telus - will not UNLOCK.

Issue has now been esculated.....I'll update again once I have more info.
    03-31-14 01:39 AM
    Yanek91

Yes it was.....but they still could not unlock so it want back. They sent a refurb last week...still cannot unlock. The Telus tech is down to 4 trys left on the replacement.

I am getting an update this afternoon from the store....not sure what they can do now except provide me a factory unlocked Q10.

As per the CRTC they HAVE TO be able to unlock after 90 days.
    03-31-14 12:01 PM
    Hi kcorey,
    What software version are you using ?

Yanek

I spent a goodly amount of time yesterday searching for the best method to unlock my Rogers Z10. I tried College Website Designer - Toronto Website Design - it seemed promising, but the code it provided (although entered successfully) did not unlock the Network. The Rogers PRD code was not supported, so I used their MEP code for Rogers. The site suggested using the IMEI number I got from the phone by entering *#06# - it has two extra digits than the one on the box or even under the About-Hardware menu. Anyway, I burned up a few unsuccessful tries with the free codes, and decided to spend some $$.

Today I found a suggested site in another forum Roam Galaxy, and gave it a shot. It only cost $15, took about two hours for my 8-digit unlock code to be emailed, and it unlocked the network successfully. Well worth the money, I totally recommend this site.

Interestingly enough, I was able to unlock a Rogers 9900 BB by using the College Website Designer site, so if you have legacy devices, go there and give it a shot, at least it's free.
    03-31-14 12:27 PM
    Well the issue has now been escultated within Telus....

I will have an answer within 48 hours as to what they will be doing.

One month later and Telus is still unable to unlock thier own Q10.
    04-01-14 12:33 PM
    Well good news - received a new unlock code from Telus today....it is a code Telus confirmed with Blackberry

It worked!

Lucky as I was down to two attempts.

So this issue is NOT the phones it's the codes.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 08:10 PM
    Good News Rob,
    Wondering what code they provided as mine was accepted the first time. Maybe in error they originally provide the Provider Code, and not the Network unlock code.

The final code that worked, did it at all resemble the first code they gave you ?
    Was it 8 or 16 digits,

Thanks,

Yanek

Well good news - received a new unlock code from Telus today....it is a code Telus confirmed with Blackberry

It worked!

Lucky as I was down to two attempts.

So this issue is NOT the phones it's the codes.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 02:59 PM
    Yes - it was a 16 digit code.

Like I mentioned Telus had to call Blackberry to get the correct code.

Either way it's a win win for me as I got a new "refurb" q10.

Cheers
    04-07-14 06:53 PM
    Rob,
    The final code that worked, did it at all resemble the first code they gave you, or completely different ?

Yanek

Yes - it was a 16 digit code.

Like I mentioned Telus had to call Blackberry to get the correct code.

Either way it's a win win for me as I got a new "refurb" q10.

Cheers
    04-14-14 01:40 PM
    New - different code.....
    04-16-14 11:08 AM
    Rob1.....did you bring Telus a refurb phone or were you a customer of theirs? I have a refurb Z10 Telus-locked phone, but I don't think Telus will want to help if I want to unlock their phone and not go with them as a carrier....Or are they required to now? (I'm not familiar with the new law)
    04-21-14 04:25 PM
    Rob1.....did you bring Telus a refurb phone or were you a customer of theirs? I have a refurb Z10 Telus-locked phone, but I don't think Telus will want to help if I want to unlock their phone and not go with them as a carrier....Or are they required to now? (I'm not familiar with the new law)
    just unlock it elsewhere. I got mine done at cellunlocker.net. bought a new z30 from telus and got the code from cellunlocker. the telus site says you have to be an active customer for 90 days to be able to unlock. I'm with fido so that wasn't an option for me.

http://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/Unlo...r_device.shtml
    04-21-14 04:40 PM
    Is it true that unlocking your phone voids its warranty? That's what my provider told me.

Posted via Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-25-14 05:42 PM
    euges720 hello! I have EXACTLY the same problem as you described. Have you, or someone else, resolved it, and know exactly what the solution is? I've read about others who have our unlock problem. To those who would post with suggestions,but don't the real answer - don't bother! We have gone through all of the suggestions,even before asking the forum. FYI: as of apr. 23/14, two unlock codes paid for including from Telus. Identical codes, didn't work! Two attempts remaining. Telus tech staff requesting code or assistance from BB. If anyone knows solution, please em: [email protected]. If it works, I'll post it here to help others, and I will pass on what Telus and BB have to say. My bet- runaround, pass off to each other. Hopefully not.
    04-26-14 12:19 PM
    For Some models that are not unlocking even though you enter a code and it says accepted but then keeps asking for the code

you can try getting the code via the manufacturer direct method, many times it does the trick.

on some models the MEP4 lock seems to get activated after updating to the new os and the manufacturer direct method provides the MEP4 if that is the case which usually solves the problem.

just make sure you have enough tries incase it doesn't work then you can video tape it and get a refund from your unlocking provider.
    05-02-14 07:14 PM
    I have 3 attempts left. Getting very frustrated.
    1. Trying my service provider one more time.
    2. Can somebody outline what are the steps for going via the manufacturer direct method?
    3. Has anybody overcome this process - if so, please outline how in detail.

Thanks
    06-23-14 10:23 AM
    Well- no luck. Telus can't unlock the refurb Q10.

Waiting for Monday as the Rep. From Telus is now requested a unlocked phone be sent to me.

Anyone reading this work for Telus ??

Wonder if this normal???

Cheers
    With BB 10. I think you should buy code unlock.
    06-23-14 11:05 PM
    had similar problems with my UK O2 locked Q5... spent five attempts with 4 codes provided by bbunlock.com, but no "network unlocked". solved with the single code I got from cellunlocker.net.
    09-23-14 04:18 PM
150 ... 456