i was setting up youmail tonight and couldn't figure out if ther is a way to have just a standard automated greeting that plays a recording of me saying my name in the middle like you can with sprint voicemail? thanks.
    11-20-09 10:24 PM
    I believe that, rather than using the "standard greeting" option, you can record your own standard greeting. It's been a while since I've have YouMail on my phones, so I'm sorry I can't be more precise. I'm quite sure though that it's in the greeting options.
    11-20-09 10:41 PM
    i just put youmail on my phone to and i cant find away how to do it either.. the only other option they give you it to record on own not just say your name type deal
    11-20-09 11:38 PM
    You have to do it from the phone not on the web site. You can chose from to greeting on the site the standard or the advance one they have. If you upload your contacts to the site and use the advance one it will say your name and the contact that's leaving the message.
    11-21-09 12:43 PM
    I was just trying to make it be like a standard one that says something like, ______ is currently unavailable. Please leave a message at the beep. I'm not looking for anything fancy but oh well. The normal voicemail works fine I guess. Anyone know if the google one let's you do this? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 07:52 PM
    Then you have to do it from your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 10:55 PM
    i only tried to do it from my phone. i never even went to the website.
    11-22-09 12:51 PM
    i only tried to do it from my phone. i never even went to the website.
    You need to check the site a lot of features. Like I said the site you can pick 2 different options and you can go a little deeper and site up groups and choose different greetings for those groups check it out you will like it trust me. Question did you download the youmail app? How did you get youmail setup I can help you out if need be.
    11-22-09 09:58 PM
    yea, i downloaded the app from the app world and it basically walked me through the setup
    11-23-09 12:06 AM
    yea, i downloaded the app from the app world and it basically walked me through the setup
    Ok go on your computer and log into your acct and you can check all the features and set them. If you upload your contact to the site you can set groups you can also go to the community board and get some voice mail greetings. If you wanna pm me with any question feel free.
    11-23-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD