i got this email this morning

Did you sign up with YouMail only to find out Sprint charges 20c/minute for call forwarding? And even worse � you had to call Sprint customer support to set it up?
    GREAT News! Sprint has removed those pesky per minute call forwarding charges and no longer requires technical support to enable call forwarding. Hurray!
    Now, Sprint customers can use YouMail as their mobile voicemail and get these great benefits.
    � See a list of your messages and scroll and listen to voicemail on your phone, online or email
    � Save your voicemails forever and share with anyone
    � Greet callers by name or assign different greetings to different callers
    � Block unknown and unwanted callers
    If you have a BlackBerry or the new HTC Hero, you can experience YouMail with our great, FREE phone apps . You can download the YouMail Visual Voicemail app from the Android Market or BlackBerry App World.
    It�s easy to switch your voicemail to YouMail:
    1. Go to Enhanced Visual Voicemail For Cell Phones | YouMail to create a YouMail account
    2. Simply dial *289095106169 and press 'talk/send'. Upon successful activation you will hear two alert tones. If you're unsuccessful activating call forwarding, contact Sprint Technical Support at 888-211-4727 for assistance.
    If you�ve forgotten your password, simply click here.
    And make sure to sign up for a completely free 7-day trial of YouMail�s voice-to-text transcriptions � no credit card required.
    Thanks,
    The YouMail Team
    Did you know you can follow YouMail on FaceBook and Twitter? Click on the links below to follow us.

YouMail.com | Terms Of Use | Privacy Policy
    � 2006-2009 YouMail.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Patents Pending.
    This message is a solicitation from YouMail.

11-08-09 10:38 AM
    its abt .. time .. I miss my Youmail .. i was disapointed that sprint was charging ..now its all good
    11-08-09 10:59 AM
    When I installed the bb app I still get the msg that sprint charges for forwarding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 11:44 AM
    yes, i called sprint to cancel it and he told me that youmail needs to fix things because we are still being charged for forwarding. i got about 12 charges today alone when i redownloaded youmail.. i was so excited to use it, but it's STILL not free, actually.
    11-08-09 01:13 PM
    I got an email saying it is free on my tour... =/ better call Sprint to confirm, I don't want my "simply everything, but!" plan to charge me...
    11-08-09 01:39 PM
    I got an email saying it is free on my tour... =/ better call Sprint to confirm, I don't want my "simply everything, but!" plan to charge me...
    I spoke with my sprint rep today and conditional forwarding IS now free as of Nov 8th..today. A lot of the reps don't know about it yet. And didn't know it was going to happen. Make sure they take off any charges you guys receive.

11-08-09 03:49 PM
    Yes!! I can't wait to download and play with it after the kids go to bed.
    11-08-09 04:29 PM
    whats youmail?
    11-08-09 07:06 PM
    Just used Google voice on it. Works great, great transcription.

Edit: After 3 hours, no charges have shown up on OLAM.
    Last edited by Nucleartx; 11-08-09 at 10:58 PM.
    11-08-09 07:24 PM
    Got the same e-Mail and set/up this time was easy, just did the *28; no tech support was needed (unlike before), so I'm going to roll with it! If I get charged 20� a minute, I will shoot my BlackBerry 15 times in the screen and switch back to U.S. Cell.

I doubt YouMail would send out the e-Mail they sent us, if it were BS.

YouMail works great this time,
    Chris
    11-08-09 09:01 PM
    I doubt YouMail would send out the e-Mail they sent us, if it were BS.

YouMail works great this time,
    Chris
    We recently sent out an e-mail that YouMail is free to Sprint users because Sprint dropped call forwarding charges.We need to clarify.

First, Sprint is dropping �conditional call forwarding� charges � charges for calls are forwarded when they are busy or unanswered. This is the conditional call forwarding that YouMail users need, so it�s good news.

However:

� As Sprint has announced officially, this will be happening in mid-November. However, the exact date has not been finalized or announced by Sprint.
    � Sprint is making no changes to immediate/unconditional call forwarding (which uses *72 on the handset to set up) - this usage will continue to cost 20c/minute. Second, the special dialing codes for turning on conditional call forwarding, like *28, may work now from your handset, but they are not officially guaranteed to work until mid-November. If it doesn�t work on your handset, please do not call or contact Sprint customer care, but wait for the follow up from YouMail when the final announcement by Sprint is made.

We�re excited Sprint is making this change � perhaps too excited, since we have jumped the gun with our announcement. We�re sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.Regards,AlexCEO, YouMail

11-08-09 11:33 PM
    This great...
    11-09-09 12:52 AM
    Just used Google voice on it. Works great, great transcription.

Edit: After 3 hours, no charges have shown up on OLAM.

I'll take your word on the transcription, seeing as how they don't tell you that part cost $ until you try using it

I'm excited about setting up a personal greeting for different people, and how I can clear the icon without checking my voicemail while I'm at work. When people feel it necessary to leave me a message that I could do without hearing.
    11-09-09 03:12 AM
    We recently sent out an e-mail that YouMail is free to Sprint users because Sprint dropped call forwarding charges.We need to clarify.

First, Sprint is dropping �conditional call forwarding� charges � charges for calls are forwarded when they are busy or unanswered. This is the conditional call forwarding that YouMail users need, so it�s good news.

However:

� As Sprint has announced officially, this will be happening in mid-November. However, the exact date has not been finalized or announced by Sprint.
    � Sprint is making no changes to immediate/unconditional call forwarding (which uses *72 on the handset to set up) - this usage will continue to cost 20c/minute. Second, the special dialing codes for turning on conditional call forwarding, like *28, may work now from your handset, but they are not officially guaranteed to work until mid-November. If it doesn�t work on your handset, please do not call or contact Sprint customer care, but wait for the follow up from YouMail when the final announcement by Sprint is made.

We�re excited Sprint is making this change � perhaps too excited, since we have jumped the gun with our announcement. We�re sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused.Regards,AlexCEO, YouMail

I just received that e-Mail as well. *28 did work for me, so I'm going to hold off on smoking my BlackBerry for now. I assume if *28 did not work for me than the new/changed service would not be ready in my area?

Still confusing,
    Chis
    11-09-09 08:08 AM

However:

I got the same email this morning when i got up
    11-09-09 09:27 AM
    Google voice user here, just setup my conditional call forwarding to go to my GV number, but when calls go to voicemail, there is a clicking/beeping noise for the caller as they hear my greeting... are YouMail users having this issue at all?
    11-09-09 09:49 AM
    Youmail Newb: So your busy/no answer calls are forwarded to Youmail instead of traditional voicemail. But can be read via text or email. You also have the option of assigning specific greetings for specific callers - husband, kids, etc.

And thus far, all of this is FREE for Sprint customers. Has this statemetn been officially released that there is no charge for this service? They mentioned mid-November.

If I d/l the Visual Voicemail Plus from BB App world, will I still have access to the free services after the 7-day Plus trial fromthe same link?

FYI - the Blocking feature sounds pretty cool "the number is no longer in service..." lol

Thanks for helping me understand the purpose of this service.
    Last edited by JustaNJDiva; 11-09-09 at 10:57 AM.
    11-09-09 10:47 AM
    Please let me know when this becomes official. thx.
    11-09-09 11:25 AM
    Please let me know when this becomes official. thx.
    Like a referee with a whistle.
    11-09-09 11:54 AM
    LOL jaga$$..YES like a ref w whistle.......
    11-09-09 03:53 PM
    It's Official. I spoke to a rep and she confirmed it's free.

11-10-09 11:44 PM
    I spoke w/a rep yesterday in text chat and she confirmed that it was free. I also saved the conversation as evidence so that Sprint will not later charge me for this service. *73, *74, & *28 are all free. However *72 (immediate forwarding) is still $0.20/min. I'm settin up my YouMail today.
    11-11-09 09:44 AM
    Wow can't wait to try this out. Thanx Just for your info keep us all updated if Sprint tries something being that you saved that conversation with sprint. Let me guess Jessica right hahahahahaha
    11-11-09 11:14 AM
    I spoke w/a rep yesterday in text chat and she confirmed that it was free. I also saved the conversation as evidence so that Sprint will not later charge me for this service. *73, *74, & *28 are all free. However *72 (immediate forwarding) is still $0.20/min. I'm settin up my YouMail today.
    Hey, so can you tell us how this youmail set up thing works?
    11-11-09 12:49 PM
    Hey, so can you tell us how this youmail set up thing works?
    Go to the site the setup is easy just did it and loving it so far.
    11-11-09 02:47 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD