Some people say you can't use Blackberry Messenger without Blackberry Internet service. Hmm, I do not use the internet service I just use the Blackberry Mail Add On, now for 3 months never had a charge for anything and it works perfectly. Any feedback?
    Last edited by BBPirate; 01-31-08 at 02:34 PM.
    01-31-08 02:29 PM
    Thats what I have on my phone right now - but with rogers you get the IM with the email add on. I believe that in order for the email to work it allows connections to the BB server, which grants access to the bb messenger. I could be wrong, but I think this may be how it works
    01-31-08 02:52 PM
    Thats what I have on my phone right now - but with rogers you get the IM with the email add on. I believe that in order for the email to work it allows connections to the BB server, which grants access to the bb messenger. I could be wrong, but I think this may be how it works
    You are right Davey the BB Email is data it runs through the BB servers...that's why BB Messenger works.
    01-31-08 03:22 PM
    So you need the blackberry server for the messenger to work? I've been having problems with not only the bb messenger working but also aim and any messenger on my phone. For example I can't even use the beejive that I downloaded.
    04-08-08 12:30 PM
    Blackberry Mail Add On is BIS aint it?
    04-08-08 12:32 PM
    Blackberry Mail Add On is BIS aint it?
    Thats what I thought.
    04-08-08 09:42 PM
    so you can use bbm without an internet plan?
    06-09-09 06:23 PM
    If you just had the email add on, yes you can. I did for months last year before I upgraded to Unlimited BIS.
    06-10-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD