ok, yesterday my Pearl 8130 froze. I haven't a clue as to why. it was sitting on my desk at work not plugged into anything. I got an email. and when I tried to open it up , that's when I noticed it was frozen. so I pulled the battery. I thought things were fine as most of the buttons work properly and I could scroll up,down,left, and right with the trackball.

but I couldn't click with it. so I tried turning the phone off with the power button. which, it did turn off, but I cannot turn the phone back on without pulling the battery.

what. the. frakk.

I am running 4.5.0.77 (vzw official release). should I try wiping it (via crackmem) or reinstalling the OS? any help is much appreciated.
    02-27-09 09:58 AM
    wiped and reinstalled the OS, resent service books and still nothing. guess it's off to the VZW store during lunch.
    02-27-09 11:27 AM
    Next time, avoid using the universal fix-it tool, the 10-pound sledgehammer.

Causes BlackBerry malfunctions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 11:35 AM
    Next time, avoid using the universal fix-it tool, the 10-pound sledgehammer.

Causes BlackBerry malfunctions.

um... I didn't use a sledgehammer. or are you saying I should use one? lol.
    02-27-09 12:00 PM
    If you didn't, you might consider it.

02-27-09 12:14 PM
    might be off point but does anyone know how to make the trackball always stay lit up?
    02-27-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD