would an unlocked tour work on tmobile 3g? i did a quick search and all i kept finding was posts on the 9700. thanks for the help
    12-20-09 04:18 PM
    You cannot get T-Mobile 3G speeds as the tour does not have the correct frequency built in, you will only get EDGE.
    12-20-09 08:01 PM
    You cannot get T-Mobile 3G speeds as the tour does not have the correct frequency built in, you will only get EDGE.
    Oh okay, I thought it would be possible because when reading the interviews, they said the storm is capable of connecting to 3G networks around the world, shiuldnt that also work with tmobile then? Or is the US just different(as usual)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 10:00 PM
    I'm currently using the Tour on tmobile service and unfortunately there is no 3g speed, only EDGE (sometimes I just get edge) as the other person said. When I called tmobile, the rep said that the frequency for the tour isn't the same as what tmobile is using. He also explained that tmobile currently has 3g speed for certain phones such as the sidekick, mytouch, 9700 I believe he said and one or two other phones.
    12-21-09 05:56 AM
    No you cannot because the 3g bands on the tour or the storms for that matter are not the same ones that T-Mobile supports.
    12-21-09 06:27 PM
    it would get 3G speeds "around the world" because other countries have the bands your tour supports
    12-22-09 03:10 PM
    There are a few different high speed data transmissions that all classify themselves as 3G. Depending on where the tour is from, you can use it on certain networks, but unfortunately not Tmobile
    12-22-09 04:25 PM
    I unlocked a tour the other day and it ran 3g on att or atleast it lied and said it was
    07-25-12 12:39 AM
    tour does not support 3G frequencies .. only 2G on GSM side.
    07-25-12 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD