One of the things I liked about Telus VS Bell, they did not make you pay a dumb subscription like bell for Windows Live Messenger. Welp, someone I know sent me this page today, and I am seriously not impressed:

Windows Live™ Messenger | Messaging | Services | TELUS Mobility

I currently have it on my storm and I am waiting for my Bold to arrive. I dropped a very good plan for this new network/a better phone which ended up costing me more a month. If I have to pay now for WLM I think I will seriously loose it. I am hoping this is built into my 1 GB of data whereas I had unlimited AND msn
    11-10-09 08:26 PM
    It will be built into your 1GB plan. Windows Live Messenger use on the BlackBerry works by accessing the BlackBerry Data Network using the Windows Live Messenger app for BlackBerry. You will not need to worry about extra charges. That page is for non-smartphones, especially those without a data plan.
    11-12-09 02:52 AM
    I agree with the poster above me. The WLM will count towards your Data on your BB. That page is for people with regular phones and want msn...the LG Dare for example...notice on the right side underneath where it says $5/month it says "save with a phone package or smartphone plan" Because once you have a phone package/smartphone plan it's included....and I wouldn't worry about data usage...someone can chime in here, but my friend leaves her WLM/MSN(for us old schoolers lol) on almost 24/7 and it only uses a very tiny amount of data, like 15-20mb/month
    11-12-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD